Missouri State TSA VEX
Event Code: RE-VRC-16-1215
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 24 / Spots Open: 11
Event Region: Missouri
Price: FREEThis event is closed to registration because:
- It is past the registration deadline.
Date: 04/23/2017 - 04/25/2017
1346 North Bishop Avenue
Rolla, Missouri 65409
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Eligible Teams: TSA
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide.
11. Ensure that you have the latest version of firmware. easyC firmware and RobotC firmware.
Participation and Consent Form
A completed form for all participants must be turned in during check-in. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them in to the registration desk when checking in.
Sunday April 23rd
3pm-4pm Set up for event
5pm-9pm Practice/Skills Qualifiers/Inspections
Monday April 24th
7:30am Doors open
8:00am Fields open for skills/practice
12:30pm Fields open again
2:30pm All qualifying will be final
3:00pm Elimination matches will begin
Tuesday April 25th
10:00 Awards ceremony for tournament champion, excellence award and design award.
To volunteer please have advisors email the state advisor or the tournament director.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
Should there be bad weather, the event will be rescheduled along with TSA state.
Refunds will be up to the discretion of Missouri TSA
Please bring signed Participant Release Forms for all team members (students and adult mentors) to team check-in/registration.Participant Consent Form
Please use the Robot Inspection Checklist to pre-inspect your robot prior to the event:Inspection Checklist
Please download our temporary license plate template if your team has yet to receive license plates:Temporary License Plate Template
Please dowload and print a copy of the Drivers Meeting Notes:Drivers Meeting Notes