Michigan VEX Robotics State Middle School Championship at MSU
- 19-Feb-2017 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Field Control System
- VEXNet Field Control
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Standard Registration Opens
- 6-Sep-2016 00:01 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 12-Feb-2017 23:59 EST
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
1. Please e-mail me your team name and coaches contact information. ([email protected])
2. Everyone needs to bring a signed Participant Consent Form. (Adults included) Please go to VEX web site: http://www.roboticseducation.org/documents/2013/06/vrc-participant-release-form.pdf , and obtain the form.
3 Late Arrival: The Final team list will be established at 8:30! If for some reason your team is delayed at arriving, please call: 517-614-5018, or 517-505-6515 the day of the tournament. Teams that arrive after this time and have not communicated their expected arrival time will not be allowed to participate in the tournament!
4. Teams must pay prior to competing. Teams that have not paid will not be allowed to compete! Please pay RECF or make other arrangements with Rachel Esch: 517-353-7282
5. Please drop off robot in Dem Hall rd. circle drive in front of Jenison Field House. Free parking until 10:00 AM is in Lot 62W, to the east off of Red Cedar Road.
Please let me know if you are planning on arriving in a bus.
Motors will be randomly be inspected for PTC switch
Team Pit Area
6. Pit tables will be assigned. You will have one, 2 x 6 table and will share another 2 x 6 table.
7. One electrical outlet will be provided per team table in the pits.
8. Teams responsible for multi power strip, an extension cord, battery charger, and computer. Make sure your charger and batteries are identified.
9. Safety Glasses must be worn in the pit area and when driving or coaching during the matches. Please remember to bring Safety Glasses for each member, coaches, family and friends.
10. We will have practice fields set up in the pit area.
11. There will be a concessions stand set up during the day.
12. NO OUTSIDE FOOD ALLOWED IN JENISON
13. Judges will visit the teams in the pits and observe during the event.
14. The Decisions of the referees and Judges are final.
15. The Robot/Programming Skills field (rules may be found in Appendix B and Appendix C) will be open as noted on the schedule. It will operate on a first come-first served basis. These competitions are optional, and it is your team's responsibility to complete. You will be allowed two runs for each of the competitions. If there are teams in line, you must go to
the end of the line for a second run.
Grade Level: Middle School
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Event Dates & Locations
223 Kalamazoo Street
East Lansing, Michigan 48824
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
This is a Tentative Schedule
7:15 a.m. Jenison door opens
7:15 - 8:30 a.m. Registration
8:30 a.m. Teams arriving after 8:30 need to call to hold spot in tournament. (517-899-8198 or 517-505-6515) If a spot is held, missed matches will not be made up.
7:15 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Concessions Available
(NO OUTSIDE FOOD PERMITTED IN JENISON FIELD HOUSE)
Inspection and Judging
7:30 a.m. Inspection Begins
8:30 a.m. Judging Begins
8:50 a.m. Drivers Meeting
9:15 a.m. Opening Ceremony
9:40 a.m. Qualifying Competition begins (Ten munutes following Opening Ceremony)
10:00 a.m. Skills Begins
11:15 - 12:15 Lunch
1:30 p.m. Skills ends or at end of Qualification matches, which ever comes first.
1:30 p.m. Qualifying Competition concludes
1:45 p.m. Alliance Selection
2:15 p.m. Start of Elimination Matches
4:15 p.m. Awards ceremony
We welcome volunteers for our event. If you would like to volunteer, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator Luis Donato at: 517-353-7282.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
- In case of bad weather conditions or possible cancellations please visit the event on Robotevents.com where I will post updates about the event status as needed in the General description.
- If you are going to be late to the event, You must contact me by phone 517-505-6515, to prerserve your spot. Match Lists will be generated as scheduled ( on agenda) and cannot be re-run.
Refund and Payment Policies
There are NO Refunds for this event unless the event is cancelled by MSU.
Date: 19-Feb-2017Jenison Field House
223 Kalamazoo Street
East Lansing, Michigan 48824
Jenison Field House
223 Kalazamoo St. East Lansing, MI 48824,
There is a circle drive, "Dem Hall rd., that you can drive up and unload your robots. Parking will be in lot 67 connected to Jenison Field House. Lot 62W to the east is an over flow lot. Lot 62W, is just to the east of of Red Cedar Road, and is free. Parking Ramp 4 is a paid lot close to Jenison Field House.
Please let me know if you are planning on arriving in a bus. Buses will have free parking in Lot 79 which is located on the south side of the Football stadium off of Shaw Lane.
MSU interactive map:
There will be no Webcast.
Please use the Robot Inspection Checklist to pre-inspect your robot prior to the event:Inspection Checklist
Please download our temporary license plate template if your team has yet to receive license plates:Temporary License Plate Template
Please dowload and print a copy of the Drivers Meeting Notes:Drivers Meeting Notes