Event Code: RE-VRC-15-1646
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 60 / Spots Open: 46
Event Region: Indiana
Price: $75.00This event is closed to registration because:
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
This event is sure to be a fact-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found here.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide.
11. Ensure that you have the latest version of firmware: EasyC firmware or RobotC firmware
A completed form for all participants must be turned in during check-in. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them in to the registration desk when checking in.
Please visit link for the form:
7:00 am Doors Open
7:15 - 9:00 Registration and inspection
9:00 - 9:15 Drivers meeting
9:15 - 9:30 Announcements and introductions
9:30 - 12:00 Qualification Rounds
12:00 - 12:30 Lunch (visit our concession stand)
12:30 - 2:45 Qualification Rounds
2:45 - 3:15 Alliance Selection
3:15 - 5:15 Elimination Rounds
5:15 - 5:45 Championship Rounds
5:45 pm Awards
Warsaw Area Career Center
1 Tiger Lane
Warsaw, IN 46580
Go to the (back) North West side of building (Warsaw Community High School). Above the doors "Career Center" and/or Blue Apron entrance (Warsaw Career Center is attached to the Warsaw Community High School building). The event will be held in the Career Center Gym (please enter at these doors). This is door #11. Bus/van parking is available (we have lots of room). Please unload at the Career Center entrance & park in the various parking lots available. Please visit Warsaw Area Career Center's website: http://wacc.warsaw.k12.in.us/