4th Annual Iowa Insanity VIQRC Tournament
Elementary and Middle School Teams
- 6-Jan-2024 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX IQ Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Early-Bird Registration Opens
- 31-Oct-2023 12:00 EDT
- Standard Registration Opens
- 25-Nov-2023 12:00 EST
- Registration Deadline
- 18-Dec-2023 12:00 EST
- Payment Deadline
- 22-Dec-2023 12:00 EST
- This event has reached capacity. Teams on waitlist may still be added.
- It is past the registration deadline.
Here are a few general rules to help you prepare for the day of the event:
1. Review the game rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found here.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook uploaded to robotevents.com
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
7. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament.
8. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide.
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: Remote Engineering Notebooks
Event Dates & Locations
401 West Miller Avenue
Iowa, Louisiana 70647
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Here is the agenda to follow for the day. Remember, things can happen (technology not work, shortage of refs, volunteers) that can lead to adjustments to the schedule. The schedule is a guideline on how the tournament will look for the day if everything stays on time.
7:00 am - Volunteers arrive
7:30 am - Doors open to the public and coaches/teams
7:30 am to 8:45 am - Event Check-In/Registration/Compliance Check
9:00 am - Opening Ceremonies
9:30 am to 12:00 pm - Matches/Skills Start
12:00 pm to 1:00 pm - Lunch Break
1:00 pm Matches continue
2:30 pm Skills Closes
3:30 pm - Alliance Selection/Finals/Awards
5:00 pm - Venue Closes
Event volunteers are the heart and soul of VEX competitions.
We rely on Referees to keep things fair, Emcees to keep things exciting, and Queuers to keep things on schedule! Volunteering at a VEX competition is easy to learn, fun to do, and rewarding for everyone involved.
Please click on the link below for more information on volunteer roles.
If interested in volunteering, please email [email protected] in order to organize where help is needed the most for this event.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the event of an emergency or bad weather, the event may be canceled.
In any event, teams will be contacted as soon as possible with the information. The event partner will contact teams if the event must be postponed. Teams should make sure their contact information is up to date and includes both school and non-school phone numbers.
Please check your email the day before and the morning of the tournament (before leaving).
Refund and Payment Policies
If the Event Partner cancels the event:
Team contacts will be notified by email about how to receive a refund
If a Coach/Mentor completes registration for the event then chooses to withdraw or not attend:
Teams must complete payment within two weeks of registering, if payment is completed and a team cannot make it no refund will be given.
**If you have to cancel last minute please let us know in case we need to adjust the rosters or schedule.
Digital Engineering Notebook Submissions / In-Person Team Interviews: Team interviews will be conducted in person at the event. Engineering notebooks will be submitted digitally for evaluation via a link found within the "My Account" panel of the team contact on RobotEvents. The submission deadline for the Engineering Notebook for this tournament will be December 31, 2023, in order to have time to review before our Event.