Jackson Prep Christmas Spectacular
Christmas at Full Volume- Elementary and Middle School
- 2-Dec-2023 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX IQ Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Early-Bird Registration Opens
- 29-Aug-2023 12:00 EDT
- Standard Registration Opens
- 21-Oct-2023 12:00 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 19-Nov-2023 13:44 EST
- Payment Deadline
- 19-Aug-2023 10:41 EDT
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
Hello and good morning! I am proud to have you at the 2nd Jackson Prep Christmas tournament. This tournament is open to all IQ teams elementary and middle levels. This will be held in one of our auditoriums at the front of the campus. Parking is in the front parking lot and enter through the Upper School (High School). For food, there are plenty of resturaunts close by, so plan on sending a parent for food or have it delivered on site. Concessions may or may not happen at this time, but I will announce it the closer we get. We will have team tables, but charging will be in certain spots along the halls, so you may want to bring a power strip and a container to put them in so you know what is yours. Also make sure that you make all efforts to PAY through the robotevents system.
BIG BREAKING NEWS!!!!! -----> Will have a themed event! 2 prize pools will be given out to the winners of the following
1) Best Christmas dressed team
2) Best Christmas decorated table/pit
Come and join us for this fun event! For those of you who were here last year, I promise we will have the air checked and double checked before the event!
Our address is :3100 Lakeland Drive, Flowood, MS 39110
We hope to see you here for our Chistmas tournament.
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: Remote Engineering Notebooks
Event Dates & Locations
3100 Lakeland Drive
Flowood, Mississippi 39232
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
8:00 - doors open
8:30 - Inspection starts and skills will open
10:30 - driver and spectator meeting
10:45 - qualifications begin
12:00 - lunch break (plan appropriately)
12:45 - Qualifications resume
3:00 - (variable time depending on how the schedule holds) - Eliminations begin
4:00 - Awards - (variable time depending on how the schedule holds)
Volunteers are needed!
Coaches we need coaches to help run queue'ing and general traffic flows, possible computers and other stations.
Parents are welcome and encouraged to help.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
If ther eis an acto God type of event - the event will be cancelled. OTherwise the event will go on as planned.
If there are weather delays, please let me know via text or a call at 601-540-3550
Refund and Payment Policies
If the Event Partner cancels the event: You will get a refund minus the $5 or other fees that RECF charges, or you will be entered into the next event for free. They checks may be delayed, but will be up to our business office to get them out.
If a Coach/Mentor completes registration for the event then chooses to withdraw or not attend: No refunds - plan appropriately and register when you know you are coming.
Please review the following Judging Format options and keep the ones that apply to your event, and delete the others that do not apply. Please see the Remote Judging section of the Guide to Judging for more information.
All notebooks are due November 19th at 11:59 pm. Registration closes at the same time!
- All In-Person team interviews - The Team Interviews will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to assist in the interview if needed.
- All Remote Notebook Judging - The Initial Team Interviews will be conducted remotely, and Engineering Notebooks will be submitted to judges digitally via a link found within the "My Account" panel of the team contact on RobotEvents. Please note that if the judges cannot open the format or access the files, they will not be judged. This is a hard deadline and no late notebooks accepted.