Tussle by the Tides Invitational
- 13-Jan-2024 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX IQ Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Texas - Region 3
- Standard Registration Opens
- 8-Dec-2023 12:00 EST
- Registration Deadline
- 8-Jan-2024 12:00 EST
- Payment Deadline
- 8-Jan-2024 12:00 EST
- This event has reached capacity. Teams on waitlist may still be added.
- It is past the registration deadline.
Welcome to VEX IQ Tussle by the Tides. This event will be held in the same place/time as a VRC event.
We will be a full house and look forward to a lot of fun. Please don't email about adding teams, just add them to the waitlist, and if spots open up. We will gladly reach out.
Do not call prior to the event, just like other EP's we teach and have class. Simply send an email.
Do call the day of if you are running behind so we do not mess up the match schedule.
We will have concessions and pizza for purchase. - So bring your cash! This is how we raise money for our program.
Remain only in the cafeteria- Any students or coaches roaming the halls will be in violation of following the EP's rules and it will result in a <G1> violation.
Behavior is important. Bring the best show of respect and sportsmanship you can!
This is a student centered program so no parents may handle the robot in any capacity.
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
4115 Avenue O
Galveston, Texas 77550
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
8:30 - Pits open
8:45- inspection starts
9:00- Schedule generated
9:15- Quals start / Skills Starts
12:00- Lunch starts
1:00 Lunch ends matches resume
2:30- Quals end
3:00: Awards and conclusion
Please stay and help pack up:)
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!!!
Our events are only as good as our volunteers please click the link below to sign up.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the event of bad weather we will reschedule
Refund and Payment Policies
If the Event Partner cancels the event:
a refund will be issued
If a Coach/Mentor completes registration for the event then chooses to withdraw or not attend:
a refund will not be issued
- Digital Engineering Notebook Submissions / In Person Team Interviews: Team interviews will be conducted in-person at the event. Engineering notebooks will be submitted digitally for evaluation via a link found within the "My Account" panel of the team contact on RobotEvents. A submission deadline that may be scheduled ahead of the event date.
- All notebooks due on the 12th.