North Union VEX IQ Elementary School Qualifier; Richwood, Ohio
- 2-Dec-2023 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX IQ Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Standard Registration Opens
- 22-Aug-2023 17:00 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 22-Nov-2023 21:00 EST
- Payment Deadline
- 1-Dec-2023 01:12 EST
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
North Union is proud to present this year's VEX IQ Robotics Competition, FULL VOLUME! North Union Robotics has a long history and tradition of hosting robotics competitions and we are excited to invite you and your teams to this early-season event!
Again this year we will host two SEPARATE & SIMULTANEOUS events...elementary and middle school teams will run as two separate events, but will run simultaneously. Half of our high school gym will be dedicated to elementary teams and half will be dedicated to middle school teams.
The event will showcase 2 competition fields for elementary teams and 2 competition fields for middle school teams. We will also have at least 2 skills fields and 2 practice fields.
- Lunch will be provided to all participants...pizza, chips & bottled water.
- There will be a hospitality room provided for advisors and volunteers.
- Concessions will be available with drinks, snacks, and a selection of hot items.
MATCHES & JUDGING
- Each team will have six qualifying matches. The tournament will proceed with 2-team alliances.
- Please familiarize yourself and your teams with the over under official rules. The GAME MANUAL is a good place to start!
- All pit tables will have access to power. Please bring surge protector/power strips to make sure you have enough outlets for your team.
- We will have a dedicated WiFi network available for teams to access during this event. This was set up specifically for teams that will need access to online programming software during the event. Please make sure your school laptops are set up correctly in order for you to have access while you are away from your school building.
- Are your teams ready? Be sure to check out the REC Library for VEX IQ for a variety of helpful team information!
Grade Level: Elementary
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
401 North Franklin Street
Richwood, Ohio 43344
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
8:00 am - Doors Open to Teams, Check-In & Inspections
9:30 am - Event Meeting
9:45 -12:00 pm - Qualification Matches
12:00 - 1:00 pm - Lunch & Skills
1:00 -3:00 pm - Qualification Matches
3:30 - 4:00 pm - Elimination Matches
4:00 pm Awards
Volunteers are an important part of every event and we acknowledge that these events would be impossible without them. We appreciate those volunteers who are willing to give of their time for the benefit of our students!
Please contact Kristi Matlack at [email protected] if you are interested in being a volunteer. Thank you!
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the event of bad weather, we will make every attempt to contact all coaches by email, phone or text, as well as make announcements through social media of any changes of the event or the event schedule.
Refund and Payment Policies
If this event is canceled by the Event Partner, a refund for registration fees paid minus the $5 REC processing fee will be issued to each team.
If a Coach/Mentor completes registration for the event and then chooses to withdraw or not attend, registration fees will not be refunded.
Unfortunately, this event will not be live-streamed!
In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews AND Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person on the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.
Judges will be working in accordance with the Judge Guide, which states that "All teams being judged for an event should be judged in the same format to ensure consistency in the judging experience." PLEASE NOTE...if a team has a digital engineering notebook, these must be printed IN ADVANCE in order for the team to submit a physical copy to the judges. Links to an online version or flash drives will not be accepted.
Please refer to the Guide to Judging for all judging and Engineering Notebook information, criteria, procedures, rubrics, etc.