ROV VEX IQ State Qualifier (ES/MS)
- Event Code
- VEX IQ Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- South Dakota
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Standard Registration Opens
- 12-Sep-2022 16:00 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 9-Nov-2022 14:03 EST
- It is past the registration deadline.
Robotics of Vermillion - MIDDLE SCHOOL Division VEX IQ Tournament
The ROV Middle School VEX IQ Tournament will be held on Saturday, November 12th.
Skills Challenges will be available to all teams, with 3 Max Driver attempts and 3 Max Programming attempts per team.
The top ten (10) teams from the qualification rounds will participate in Finals. These ten (10) teams will be automatically paired into 5 Alliances. The top scoring alliance in Finals will earn the Tournament Champion Award.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. To help all teams prepare, here are a few tips for each team:
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments.
2. Check the official Game Manual for rule updates and changes.
3. Check the official QA Forums for rule updates and changes is not available yet.
4. Carefully read all of the information contained in this tournament posting all updates will be posted here
5. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
- Spare parts & tools
- Batteries and chargers
- Programming cable
- Power strip
- Laptop computer
- Engineering notebook.
6. Read through the Awards Appendix to understand the awards process.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit.
8. Understand how the game will be played. VEX IQ participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here -
11. Ensure that you have the latest version of firmware. https://www.vexrobotics.com/vexiq/resources/vexos
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
Vermillion, South Dakota 57069
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Saturday, November 12, 2022
10:00 am Registration, Inspection, Turn in Notebook
10:00 am - 11:45 am Skills Challenge
11:45 am - Event Meeting
10:00 am - 3:00 pm Judging
12:00 pm - 3:00 pm Qualification matches
3:00 pm - 3:15 pm Final alliance matches
3:30 pm Presentation of awards, closing
Agenda subject to change. Late start to allow for travelling teams.
Get Inspired and Have Fun! Be a part of the excitement by joining a team of volunteers who help in a variety of ways to make this event a success for the students involved.
No previous experience is needed for most volunteer positions, and you can even bring your kids for a family activity (for example, Field Resetter is an ideal position for young children).
You can register for the entire event, or just a portion of the day as your schedule permits for most positions.
Lunch is included for volunteers.
Want to find out more about these volunteer roles and expectations? Visit the REC Foundation website at RoboticsEducation.org/volunteer-resources/ to check out position descriptions and find volunteer training materials. Once you have an assigned volunteer role, please carefully review all guides and training materials posted on the Volunteer Resources page before the event.
Contact the Volunteer Coordinator to register for this event today!
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In case of bad weather conditions or possible cancellations please visit the event on RobotEvents.com where we will post updates about the event status as needed. If any questions arise please contact LD Herrera at 605-660-9968 the day of the event.
Full refunds minus the $5.00 processing fee will be available until one week before the event. After that, refunds based on special circumstances may be made at the discretion of the event partner.
If a tournament should be canceled, this would qualify as a special circumstance and full refunds minus the $5.00 processing fee will be offered.
We ask that participants contact LD Herrera for refund requests. Refunds can take up to 2 months to process following the event.
All In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.