Greater Western Wisconsin ES/MS VEX IQ Challenge
- 21-Jan-2023 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX IQ Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Standard Registration Opens
- 12-Sep-2022 16:00 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 13-Jan-2023 16:01 EST
- This event has reached capacity. Teams on waitlist may still be added.
- It is past the registration deadline.
Welcome to the Greater Western Wisconsin VEX IQ Challenge at Whitehall! Teams will be competing for a spot at the Wisconsin VEX IQ State Championship! Please see the Awards tab for information on which awards qualify teams for State Championship.
The event will be held in the gym at the Whitehall High School.
This event will qualify a certain number of teams for State Championship.
- Events of the same size and type will receive the same number of qualification spots.
- Events that have been uploaded and finalized before the state spot assignments have been made will have the equitable number of spots assigned, and the qualifications will be issued retroactively.
Finals matches for Wisconsin VEX IQ events:
Event Partners are encouraged to allow all teams to participate in Finals matches. However, at large events or events that are running late, the Event Partner may choose to run finals matches that do not include all teams present.
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
19121 Hobson Street
Whitehall, Wisconsin 54773
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
- Turn in Design Notebook
- Turn in REC Participation Form
Practice Fields Open - Inspected Robots Only
Skills Field Opens - Inspected Robots Only
Check-In & Inspection Closes
Skills & Practice Fields close
The Qualification Match schedule is generated
Team Meeting & Opening Ceremony
Match Play Begins & Skills Field Opens
Break for Lunch
Match and Skills Play Resume
Match Play Ends
Skills field closes (Or when match play ends, whichever is first)
Elimination rounds - 36 teams - 18 matches
Final awards and closing
Our event is only possible with the help of many dedicated volunteers. If you are interested and willing to help at this event, please email [email protected]
Volunteers on day of event will recieve a voucher for food from the concessions.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
If this event needs to be cancelled due to inclement weather please check this site for details.
Refund and Payment Policies
Teams must pay within 2 weeks of registering and by the registration deadline or they will forfeit their spot. Teams that withdraw from the tournament before the registration deadline may receive a partial refund, $5 per team will be withheld. Teams that withdraw from the tournament after the registration deadline will not receive a refund.
If the event is canceled for weather or other reason, full refunds will be issued as soon as reasonably possible.
Health and Safety Policies
COVID-19 Related Event Modifications
Our number one priority is to ensure the safety of everyone at the event. All approved events and event attendees are required to follow all local, state, federal, or any other government ordinances regarding COVID-19 safety procedures, social distancing, and best hygiene practices. We will continually assess, based on current government guidelines, whether to postpone, cancel, or significantly reduce the number of attendees when necessary.
The following will be in effect for the event (subject to change in response to current conditions):
- This event may be canceled, restructured, or otherwise restricted due to developing conditions.
- Hand santizer stations will be available throughout the venue
- Pit tables will be arranged with a spacing of at least 8' to allow for appropriate distancing (one team per table)
- Fields will be placed further apart to allow for distancing
- Alliance stations will be enlarged at the fields to allow for more social distancing between teams
Procedures for Participants
- Please maintain 6' distancing between teams as much as possible throughout the event
- No hand-shakes, high-fives or other unnecessary touching during the event (Please find non-contact ways to show your sportsmanship and encouragement)
- Team members will be asked to use hand sanitizer before each match and before using the practice fields
- One member from each alliance will assist with reseting the field at the end of each match
All In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.