GK Properties Middle School IQ Robotics Tournament; Broadview heights, Ohio
- 28-Jan-2023 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX IQ Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Standard Registration Opens
- 22-Aug-2022 20:44 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 23-Jan-2023 20:45 EST
- It is past the registration deadline.
2011 Robotics is proud to present this year's VEX IQ Robotics competition, Slapshot!
This year we will host two SEPARATE & SIMULTANEOUS events...elementary and middle school teams will run as two separate events, but will run simultaneously. Half of our high school auditorium will be dedicated to elementary teams and half will be dedicated to middle school teams.
The event will showcase 2 competition fields for elementary teams and 2 competition fields for middle school teams. We will also have at least 2 skills fields and 2 practice fields.
More details about this event will be posted soon!
FOOD: Lunch will be provided to all participants and advisors...details coming soon.
MATCHES & JUDGING
- Each team will have six qualifying matches. The tournament will proceed with 2-team alliances.
- Please familiarize yourself and your teams with the SLAPSHOT official rules. The Game Manual is a good place to start! We also highly recommend watching the Referee Training Videos (once available) so that everyone has a clear understanding of all game rules.
- All pit tables have access to power. Please bring surge protector/power strips to make sure you have enough outlets for your team.
- Our WiFi network will be available for teams to access during this event. This was set up specifically for teams that will need access to online programming software during the event. Please make sure your school laptops are set up correctly in order for you to have access while you are away from your school building.
Grade Level: Middle School
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
6380 Mill Road
Broadview Heights, Ohio 44147
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
8:00 am - Doors Open to Teams, Check-In & Inspections
9:30 am - Event Meeting
9:45 -12:00 pm - Qualification Matches
12:00 - 1:00 pm - Lunch & Skills
1:00 -3:00 pm - Qualification Matches
3:15 pm - Tournament Finals
4:00 pm Awards
Volunteers are an important part of every event and we acknowledge that these events would be impossible without them. We appreciate those volunteers who are willing to give of their time for the benefit of our students!
Please contact Craig Kowatch at [email protected] if you are interested in being a volunteer. Thank you!
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the event of bad weather, we will make every attempt to contact all coaches by email, phone or text, as well as make announcements through social media of any changes of the event or the event schedule.
Refund and Payment Policies
Registration fees minus the $5 REC processing fee per team will be issued if the event is canceled due to severe weather or COVID-19 restrictions.
- All In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.