BCPS CTE VEX IQ Fall Slapshot Skills Only Tournament
- Event Code
- VEX IQ Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- In-Person Skills Only
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Standard Registration Opens
- 12-Oct-2022 12:00 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 4-Nov-2022 17:00 EDT
- It is past the registration deadline.
Welcome to BCPS Office of Career and Technical (CTE) VEX IQ Robotics Tournament!
Thank you for your interest in this SKILLS ONLY event.
Teams are encouraged to upload the Participant Release Form for each student. The form can be found in Documents link to the left. The Event Partner will check that all forms are uploaded prior to the event, as this is part of the check-in/inspection process.
Teams are reminded that their robot will be inspected at check-in. The Inspection Form can also be found in the Documents link to the left.
The event will be held at PARKVILLE MIDDLE SCHOOL & CENTER OF TECHNOLOGY 8700 Avondale Road Parkville, MD 21234
- Doors will open at 7:30 AM.
- Registration with inspection will take place from 7:40 AM - 8:30 AM.
- Teams not registered and inspected by 8:30 AM will not be added to event.
- Please plan on arriving by 7:30 AM to allow time to set-up.
- Event will start at approximately 8:45 AM.
- On site snack and food items will be available for purchase.
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: No Judging
Event Dates & Locations
8711 Avondale Road
Baltimore, Maryland 21234
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
8:00AM Doors Open
9:15AM Skills Fields Open
1:15PM Skills Fields Close
Based on rules, each team will be allowed 3 attempts for driver and 3 attempts for autonomous.
Volunteer Coordinator Contact
- Contact Robin Bowden email@example.com to register for this event today, or go directly to our sign up link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A054EA9AB29A6FB6-vexiqfall
- No previous experience is needed for most volunteer positions.
- You can register for an entire day, or just a portion of the day as your schedule permits for most positions.
- Light refreshments included for all full-day volunteers.
For Additional Info
- Want to find out more about these volunteer roles and expectations? Visit the REC Foundation Knowledge Base at REC Foundation > Volunteers to check out position descriptions and find volunteer training materials.
- Once you have an assigned volunteer role, please carefully review all guides and training materials posted for your role in the Knowledge Base at REC Foundation > Volunteers to prepare for your volunteer shift.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
When weather conditions or forecasted conditions threaten the safety of children, staff, and visitors, Baltimore County Public Schools (BCPS), must make decisions to cancel events and activities to ensure everyone is able to get to stay home or return home without incident.
As COVID-19 metrics continue to evolve across the state and county, BCPS will follow recommendations from local, state, and federal health experts to guide its decisions regarding extracurricular events and activities.
- Masks/face coverings are optional in Baltimore County public school buildings, facilities and offices as of Tuesday, March 1, 2022.
- During periods of moderate or higher community transmission, and particularly in schools with localized or school-wide outbreaks, students, staff and visitors are strongly encouraged to wear masks when indoors.
Please check the Robotevents.com page and local media outlets prior to and including the day of the event for status updates. Information about school based events is announced publicly as soon as possible on local radio and television stations and other media including the Internet.
In the event of cancellation, refunds will be distributed minus the RECF fee.
In the event of a cancellation due to inclement weather conditions or changes in COVID-19 metrics as dictated by BCPS, refunds will be distributed minus the RECF fee.
Additionally, if policy regarding COVID changes to the point where a participating team's family is uncomfortable with event attendance, or the team is affected and cannot participate, refunds will only be given to teams that notify the organizer two weeks prior to the event. This allows enough time for the event partner to notify any teams on the waiting list.
Health and Safety Policies
COVID-19 Related Event Modifications
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our students, staff, and visitors. As a precaution, please follow safety protocols and keep participants home if they have ANY symptoms.
We will continually assess, based on current government guidelines, whether to postpone, cancel, or significantly reduce the number of attendees when necessary.
Date: 5-Nov-2022Parkville Middle School
8711 Avondale Road
Baltimore, Maryland 21234
PARKVILLE MIDDLE SCHOOL & CENTER OF TECHNOLOGY.
8700 Avondale Road
Parkville, MD 21234
The event partner will make every attempt to live stream the event.
Stay tuned for the link to be posted here and shared with the school teachers/coaches.
In-person Skills-only events are a great way to test the success of the team's robot, post results to the World Skills Standings, and check out other team designs. Like Tournaments, In-person Skills-only events are typically one-day events that feature Robot Skills Matches.
- Judging Format: No Judging