Wichita County VEX IQ Qualifier [Blended]
- Event Code
- VEX IQ Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Texas - Region 2
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Standard Registration Opens
- 23-Sep-2022 12:00 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 16-Nov-2022 12:00 EST
- It is past the registration deadline.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found at www.roboticseducation.org under the VEXS IQ Challenge drop down menu then click on VEX IQ Event Documents.
2. Check the official VEX IQ forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX IQ participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. the referee videos can be found using the same procedure outlined in Item 1.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here.
11. Ensure that you have the latest version of firmware for Modkit or RobotC.
Participation and Consent Form
A completed form for all participants must be turned in during check-in. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them in to the registration desk when checking in.
The participation and Consent form may be foound using the procedure outlined in Item 1 under Competition Preparation.
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
412 East Cash Street
Iowa Park, Texas 76367
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
09:00 AM - Doors Open/Team Check in
09:15AM - 09:15 AM - Robot Inspections
10:00AM - 1PM - Judging
10:00 AM - Opening Ceremony
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM - Robot and Programming Skills
10:15 AM Driver Meeting
10:30 AM - 12:00 PM - Qualification Matches
12:00- 12:30 PM - Lunch
12:45PM - 1:30 PM - Qualification Matches Continue
1:45 PM - 2:30 - Playoffs
2:40 -3 :00 Awards
3:30 PM Building Closes
Contact Joanne Hawkins at
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In case of bad weather, teams will be contacted and tournament will be cancelled.
Refunds will be issues under certain circumstance.