Kimball Area Schools Super Mega ES/MS VEX IQ Slapshot
- 28-Jan-2023 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX IQ Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- VEXNet Field Control
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Early-Bird Registration Opens
- 28-Nov-2022 16:00 EST
- Standard Registration Opens
- 17-Dec-2022 16:00 EST
- Registration Deadline
- 21-Jan-2023 20:08 EST
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
Welcome to our annual Kimball Area Schools "Super Mega IQ Tournament". This tournament will be held at Kimball Area High School at 100 state hwy 55 Kimball MN, 55353
Due to excessive damage to our gym floor, please note, roller carts with small rollers or casters (similar to the Robosource travel boxes), will NOT be allowed to be used in the gym. If this is your only option please be respectful and carry the cart to your pit table. Do not use these to transport your robot to and from practice,skills or competition fields.
There will not be a lunch break.
Full concessions with lunch options will be offered at this event.
There are a few local options for food also, but it is limited.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found on the Documents tab.
2. Check the official VEX forums at www.robotevents.com for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards ). We will be reviewing both hard copy and electronic logbooks
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament, found on the Documents tab.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found at www.roboticseducation.org web site, under the Volunteer Resources tab.
11. Ensure your robot brain has the latest version of firmware.
- Alliances will be 2 teams.
- All teams up to 26 will participate in the finals.
- Ties in finals matches will be replayed until a winner is determined.
Participation and Consent Form
All team members, coaches and adult mentors should fill out the online consent form wich is good all season and for all RECF run events. A link to the instructions for online consent form can be found here. , www.roboticseducation.org/documents/2018/03/participant-release-form.pdf
There will be a separate tournament for High School Teams in the same venue at the same time. Both will be competing to gain state tournament berths at their respective levels.
VEX IQ Robotics teams at the Elementary and Middle School levels are welcome to sign up for this event.
The event will be held at:
Kimball High School
100 Hwy 55
Kimball, MN 55353
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
100 Highway 55
Kimball, Minnesota 55353
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
8:00 AM: Check in/Inspections begin
8:30 AM: All teams need to be checked in or have been in contact with the tournament coordinator in order to compete.
9:00 AM: Check in/Inspection closes
9:30 AM: Team Meeting
9:45 AM: Opening Ceremony
10:00 AM: Qualification rounds begin
2:00 PM: Qualification rounds end
2:15 PM: Finals rounds begin
2:45 PM: Closing and Awards Ceremony
Please note that we are able to provide one hard copy of the qualification round match-ups to each team. The qualification round schedule is continuously running in the pit area.
This is an updated link
We're using SignUp.com (the leading online SignUp and reminder tool) to organize our upcoming SignUps.
Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link to see our SignUp on SignUp.com: https://signup.com/go/OnLczVU
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It's Easy - you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
Feel free to contact Mike or myself (Kevin) to sign up manually.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
We will do everything possible to not cancel this event for weather. If weather is threatening or hazardous, use your own best judgment as to whether or not you'll travel to the tournament. Put the safety of students, coaches, and spectators first. If the event is cancelled then "Cancelled" will appear in the title of the event on RobotEvents.com."
Refund and Payment Policies
No refunds will be given for a team withdrawing. No refund will be given if the event cancels.
iff refund is given for extenuating circumstances, there is a $5 Robot Events registration fee that cannot be refunded.
Health and Safety Policies
If conditions change in relation to Covid-19 we will contact the team coaches and mentors as soon as possible.
Date: 28-Jan-2023Kimball High School
100 Highway 55
Kimball, Minnesota 55353
This location is within 20 minutes of St, Cloud's Crossroads Area Hotel Options. This is going to be the best option for teams that will be staying overnight. Utilize the Holiday Inn located on Hwy 15 in St. Cloud as a reference point.
In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.