Xavier Middle School Vextravaganza ES VEX IQ Tournament
- 28-Jan-2023 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX IQ Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Early-Bird Registration Opens
- 12-Dec-2022 14:23 EST
- Standard Registration Opens
- 17-Dec-2022 14:23 EST
- Registration Deadline
- 28-Jan-2023 14:24 EST
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
Welcome to the VEX-travaganza @XMS!
This event is for Elementary teams!
Competition Preparation This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found on the documents page.
3. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure.
Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Power strip & extension cord
Engineering notebook (if you have one, REQUIRED for Design and Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
4. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants should thoroughly read the game rules. Additional rulings and interpretations of the game rules can be found on the Offical VEX Forum.
5. Participation and Consent Form - A completed form for all participants must be turned in online. Team leaders will need to make sure they have completed forms for all team members attending the event.
Qualifying Spots are assigned by the REC Foundation. The assignments are calculated based on the number of spots available for State Championship, the number and size of qualifying events in the State, and the historical double-qualification rates for the State. Questions on State Qualifying spot assignments may be directed to your REC Foundation Event Engagment Manager
Finals matches for Wisconsin VEX IQ events:
Event Partners are encouraged to allow all teams to participate in Finals matches. However, at large events or events that are running late, the Event Partner may choose to run finals matches that do not include all teams present.
Grade Level: Elementary
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
2626 North Oneida Street
Appleton, Wisconsin 54911
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
7:00 AM – Doors open
7:45 - 8:45 AM – Registration and Inspection
(All teams must be registered and Inspected by 8:45)
9:00 AM – Drivers and Coaches Meeting
9:15 AM - 10:00 AM – Skills Field Open on Main Tournament Fields (Skill Field will also be open during Teamwork Matches)
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM – Teamwork Matches
12:00 PM - 12:30 PM – Lunch
12:30 PM - 4:00 PM – Teamwork Matches
4:00 - 4:30 PM – Finals
4:30 - 5:00 PM – Awards Presentation
Sign up here to see available slots- https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f094aa4a62ca1fe3-vextravaganza4
We need judges to make this tournament happen. Please Volunteer so the kids have a great experience.
Get Inspired and Have Fun! Be a part of the excitement by joining a team of volunteers who help in a variety of ways to make this event a success for the students involved. Send an email to Suzie Kroner if you wish to volunteer: xmsrobotic[email protected] or [email protected]
Volunteer Coordinator contact: Suzie Kroner/Brian McKinnon
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In case of bad weather conditions or possible cancellations please visit the event on Robotevents.com where updates will be posted about the event status as needed.
Please feel free to contact Suzie or Brian by phone if you are going to be late for the event.
Match Lists will be generated as scheduled and cannot be re-run.
Refund and Payment Policies
Teams that need to withdraw from the event before the event deadline and produce an invoice showing payment will be refunded, minus a $5 processing fee, in full at our earliest convenience. Teams that withdraw between the event deadline and the day of the event will receive NO refund, unless as determined by the Event Partner that there are extenuating circumstances (these will be rare).
- All In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.