Central MN VEX IQ SLAP SHOT
- 21-Jan-2023 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX IQ Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Early-Bird Registration Opens
- 7-Nov-2022 16:00 EST
- Standard Registration Opens
- 10-Dec-2022 16:00 EST
- Registration Deadline
- 9-Jan-2023 19:52 EST
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
Full concessions with lunch options will be offered at this event.
There are a few local options for food also, but it is limited.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found on the Documents tab.
2. Check the official VEX forums at www.robotevents.com for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards ). We will be reviewing both hard copy and electronic logbooks
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament, found on the Documents tab.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found at www.roboticseducation.org web site, under the Volunteer Resources tab.
11. Ensure your robot brain has the latest version of firmware.
- Alliances will be 2 teams.
- All teams up to 16 will participate in the finals.
- Ties in finals matches will be replayed until a winner is determined.
Participation and Consent Form
All team members, coaches and adult mentors should fill out the online consent form wich is good all season and for all RECF run events. A link to the instructions for online consent form can be found here. , www.roboticseducation.org/documents/2018/03/participant-release-form.pdf
Grade Level: Elementary
Skills Challenge Offered: No
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
534 5th Avenue North
Cold Spring, Minnesota 56320
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
9:00 AM: Check in/Inspections begin
9:30 AM: All teams need to be checked in or have been in contact with the tournament coordinator in order to compete.
9:30 AM-10:30 AM Skills Field Open ..make sure you complete this task
10:00 AM: Check in/Inspection closes
10:30 AM: Team Meeting
10:45 AM: Opening Ceremony
11:00 AM: Qualification rounds begin
11:00 AM-2 PM Interviews and Engineer Notebooks are Judged
LUNCH BREAK 12:45pm - 1:15pm
3:00 PM: Qualification rounds end
3:15 PM: Finals rounds begin
4:30 PM: Closing and Awards Ceremony
Thank you for being willing to volunteer at our event. A link will be provided later. Food will be provided to all volunteers.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
We will do everything possible to not cancel this event for weather. If weather is threatening or hazardous, use your own best judgment as to whether or not you'll travel to the tournament. Put the safety of students, coaches, and spectators first. If the event is cancelled then "Cancelled" will appear in the title of the event on RobotEvents.com."
Refund and Payment Policies
No refunds will be given for a team withdrawing. No refund will be given if the event cancels.
if refund is given for extenuating circumstances, there is a $5 Robot Events registration fee that cannot be refunded.
We are hopeful to get volunteer qualified judges for this event. If needed we will have remote judging the week before on ZOOM.
- All In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.
If in person Judging is not possible then
- All Remote Judging - The Initial Team Interviews will be conducted remotely, and Engineering Notebooks will be submitted at the tournament.