Ridgely Robotics IQ Extravaganza
- Event Code
- VEX IQ Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Early-Bird Registration Opens
- 26-Oct-2022 12:00 EDT
- Standard Registration Opens
- 7-Dec-2022 12:00 EST
- Registration Deadline
- 13-Jan-2023 11:57 EST
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
This tournament is open to both elementary and middle school teams. We strive to make it as welcoming as possible in order to attract new schools and students to the rewarding world of VEX Robotics. Please contact us if there is anything we can do in order to make your participation in the event possible.
If the event fills up, please contact the event coordinator, Gregory Kallaur, regarding possible availability.
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
121 East Ridgely Road
Lutherville-Timonium, Maryland 21093
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
4:00 PM Doors open
4:00-4:45 PM Check in and Inspection. Practice fields open.
4:15 PM Skills fields open
4:45 PM Drivers meeting
5:00 PM Qualifying Matches begin
8:05 PM Qualifying Matches end
Please contact Greg Kallaur at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In case of bad weather conditions and/or possible cancellation, please revisit the event on robotevents.com where updates will be posted. Please call the event coordinator if you are going to be late to the event.
All requests for refunds must be made two weeks prior to the event. Refunds, if approved, will be processed within one month following the event - less the $5 REC Foundation processing fee.
Health and Safety Policies
COVID-19 Related Event Modifications
Our number one priority is to ensure the safety of everyone at the event. All approved events and event attendees are required to follow all local, state, federal, or any other government ordinances regarding COVID-19 safety procedures, social distancing, and best hygiene practices. We will continually assess, based on current government guidelines, whether to postpone, cancel, or significantly reduce the number of attendees when necessary.
The following will be in effect for the event (subject to change in response to current conditions):
- This event may be canceled, restructured, or otherwise restricted due to developing conditions.
- Hand santizer stations will be available throughout the venue
- Fields will be placed further apart to allow for distancing
- Alliance stations will be enlarged at the fields to allow for more social distancing between teams
Procedures for Participants
- Cloth face coverings will be required for all competitors, coaches, volunteers,spectators, and officials during the event
- Please maintain 6' distancing between teams as much as possible throughout the event
- No hand-shakes, high-fives or other unnecessary touching during the event (Please find non-contact ways to show your sportsmanship and encouragement)
- One member from each alliance will assist with resetting the field at the end of each match
- Food may only be consumed at a team's pit table or at the tables available (No walking around and eating)
- No spectators/parents/family are allowed in the pits tables areas in the cafeteria
- Spectators in the gym are restricted to the bleachers only
- In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.