2022-2023 Oklahoma State VEX IQ Middle School Robotics Championship
- 4-Mar-2023 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX IQ Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Standard Registration Opens
- 10-Oct-2022 17:20 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 28-Feb-2023 17:21 EST
100% of total capacity is reserved
0 remaining spots are reserved for Oklahoma.
A maximum of 0% of team registrations can be from any one event region other than OklahomaThis event is closed to registration because:
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
Welcome to the Oklahoma VEX Robotics State Championship
Important Team Information:
All teams MUST have their consent forms updated and uploaded to robotevents no later than 1 week prior to the event.
Spectators are allowed in the event; however, due to limited space, all parents and spectators will be expected to stay in the stands for viewing. Only students and their coaches will be allowed in the pit and competition areas. This will be monitored by the use of badges.
NSU Event Center
Doors open at 7:30 am! !!!
World Championship qualifying awards and invitations are issued to teams whether or not the teams have expressed an intention to attend the event. Unaccepted World Championship invitations are not offered or transferred to other teams.
Oklahoma VEX IQ – Middle School has been granted 9 World Championship spots:
|2||Teamwork 2nd Place|
|1||Robot Skills Champion|
Double Qualified Teams Process, as said in the Qualifying Criteria:
Event Region Championship spots that have not been awarded are not lost. These remaining spots will be awarded using the following process.
- The REC Foundation Manager will assess how many spots remain in each program and grade level after the Event Region Championship(s) concludes.
- Any remaining spots (double qualifications) at a State, Regional, Provincial, or National Championship to VEX Worlds 2023 will come from the Robot Skills Challenge standings at that specific Championship event.
Skills Challenges will be available to all teams, with 3 Max Driver attempts and 3 Max Programming attempts per team. The Skills Challenge will run from 8:15 am-1:30 pm. All robots must have inspection sticker to use the skills fields. Robots will also need to have the inspection sticker to use the practice fields.
The top ten (10) teams from the qualification rounds will participate in the Finals. These ten (10) teams will be automatically paired into 5 Alliances. The top-scoring alliance in the Finals will earn the Tournament Champion Award.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. To help all teams prepare, here are a few tips for each team:
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so there is ample time for adjustments.
2. Check the official Game Manual for rule updates and changes.
3. Check the official QA Forums for rule updates and changes.
4. Carefully read all of the information contained in this tournament posting all updates will be posted here
5. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
- Spare parts & tools
- Batteries and chargers
- Programming cable
- Power strip
- Laptop computer
- Engineering notebook.
6. Read through the Awards Appendix; there have been some minor changes to the awards process.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first; please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team or others nearby, as the venue is a very tight fit.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX IQ participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here -
11. Ensure that you have the latest version of the firmware.
12. Wifi/Internet access will not be available. Please plan accordingly.
Grade Level: Middle School
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
603 North Grand Avenue
Tahlequah, Oklahoma 74464
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Friday, March 3, 2023
|4:00 pm||Venue Opens for Robot Inspection / PIT Setup|
|6:00 pm||Venue Closes|
Saturday, March 4, 2023
Team Check-in / Turn in Notebooks
|8:15-1:30 pm||Skills Fields are open|
|9:45 am||Opening Ceremony / Event Meeting|
|10:30 am||Qualification Matches|
|12:15 pm||Qualification Matches Resume|
All volunteers are welcome!
We will be needing volunteers for judges, skill scorekeepers, match scorekeepers, field reset, que table, and additional volunteers as needed. If you or a member associated with your school/team are willing to volunteer contact Kym Tinsley [email protected]
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the event the tournament has to be canceled due to emergency/bad weather, the tournament will not be rescheduled and World's spots will be filled from the skills rankings list.
Refund and Payment Policies
All In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.