Wood Oaks - Northbrook VEX IQ ES/MS Tournament
- Event Code
- VEX IQ Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Standard Registration Opens
- 15-Nov-2022 17:56 EST
- Registration Deadline
- 11-Jan-2023 17:00 EST
- It is past the registration deadline.
Welcome to the Wood Oaks VEX IQ Tournament.
The tournament will have Teamwork Matches and Driving & Programming Skills Challenge. Depending on the number of teams registered, each team will have between six (6) and eight (8) teamwork matches. For skills, teams will have three (3) Driving and three (3) Programming Skills Challenge attempts.
Awards: Excellence, Design, Judges, Teamwork Champion, and Robot Skills Champion. Note: Awards given are subject to change.
Registration will open on November 15. Please process payment for registered teams as soon as possible. All payments for entry fees MUST be made in advance.
Concessions will not be offered at this event. We encourage you to bring food, drink and snacks for the day. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please review the following tips to help your teams be prepared:
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so your team has ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found on the Documents tab. Additional information on rules can be found on the Official VEX Forums at robotevents.com.
2. Read the document 101 Things I Wish I’d Know Before My First VEX Tournament, which can be found on the Document tab.
3. Pack for the event the day before and remember to bring the following:
- Spare parts & tools
- Batteries and chargers
- Programming cable
- Power strip
- Laptop computer
4. Remember that safety comes first. Please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team or others nearby.
5. Make sure the robot components have been updated to the latest firmware revision:
6. Each player and coach/mentor must have a completed and signed Consent Form. The team coach/mentor will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them in at the check-in table. The form can be found on the Documents tab. As an option, your coach may upload the consent form using the secure online process at robotevents.com. Instructions are on the back of the Participant Consent Form on the Downloads tab.
If this event is full, please feel free to add your team to the Waiting List and then contact the Event Partner (Primary Contact on the General Info tab). The Event Partner will let you know about possible openings for the event. If you are moved from the Waiting List to the Registered Teams List, please be prepared to pay for the event promptly at your robotevents.com account, or make arrangements with the Event Partner to pay directly at the tournament.
Walk-up Teams & Walk-Up Skills
Walk-up teams WILL NOT be permitted to compete, either in the tournament or to run Skills Only. There are no exceptions. If your team wishes to compete, they must register before the registration deadline.
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
1250 Sanders Road
Northbrook, Illinois 60062
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Tentative Agenda – Subject to Change
IMPORTANT! If your team will be late, you must call the Event Partner (Primary Contact on the General Info tab). If your team is not checked-in on time, the match schedule will be run without your team, and they cannot compete. The match schedule CANNOT be run after the tournament begins.
8:30 am - Doors open, Registration, Pits, Inspection Open
9:00 am – Practice Field Open, Skills open on Skills Field & Match Fields as available
Inspected Robots Only!
9:30 am – Check-in & Inspection Closes; Skills Closes
9:45 am – Opening Ceremony & Team Meeting – Everyone meets in the competition area
10:00 am – Qualification Matches Begin, Skills Field Opens
Noon - 12:30: LUNCH BREAK
12:30 am - Qualification Matches, Skills Field Open
2:00 pm - Qualification Matches Completed, Skills Field Closes
2:15 pm – Finals Matches Begin (All Teams Play In Finals Matches)
3:00 pm – Final Awards & Event Closing
We will need some volunteers, especially for judging. We will determine our volunteering needs in early Janiuary and reach out to organizations registered for the tournament.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
This event cannot be rescheduled. If weather conditions do not permit us to run the competition, we will cancel and refund the registration fees.
Teams that wish to withdraw before the tournament will receive no refund unless another team from the Waiting List can fill the team’s spot. If a team withdraws before the tournament due to extenuating circumstances, the Event Partner will consider whether a refund is appropriate. Refunds in this instance will be rare.
All In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event.
- Physical Engineering Notebooks: Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges upon arrival to the competition.
- Digital Engineering Notebook Submissions: Digital Engineering Notebooks will be submitted digitally for evaluation via a link found within the "My Account" panel of the team contact on RobotEvents. Submission must occur by 4:00 pm on Friday, January 20. Click How-to-Submit-a-VRC-Digital-Engineering-Notebook for directions.