CCS VEX Cox Mill Comets Elementary IQ Qualifier
- Event Code
- VEX IQ Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- North Carolina
- Early-Bird Registration Opens
- 10-Oct-2022 08:00 EDT
- Standard Registration Opens
- 10-Dec-2022 08:00 EST
- Registration Deadline
- 13-Jan-2023 16:57 EST
- This event has reached capacity. Teams on waitlist may still be added.
- It is past the registration deadline.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found here.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Goggles/Safety Glasses (optional for VEX IQ)
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide.
Grade Level: Elementary
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
1450 Cox Mill Road
Concord, North Carolina 28027
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
7:30 AM Doors open to volunteers
8:00 AM - 9 AM Check-in / Inspection / Practice
8:45 AM Check-in Closed
9:15 AM Event meeting / Opening Ceremony
9:30 - 11:30 AM Programming / Robot Skills (3 ea.) Design Interviews - Pits
11:30 - 12:15 Lunch
12:15 - 3:15 PM Teamwork Challenge Matches (minimum 7 per team), Design Interviews - Pits
3:30 PM Finals Matches (Top 10 teams)
Awards follow Final Matches
Interested in volunteering for our Official VEX Robotics event, please contact Mr. David Parisi at: email@example.com
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
If CCS VEX has to cancel the event due to an Emergency / Bad Weather refunds will be sent out, minus the $5 RECF processing fee.
No refunds unless the tournament is canceled. If the tournament is canceled, all participants will be notified by e-mail by 6 PM on the day prior to the event (Nov 11). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- All In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.