GTACS IQ ES/MS Pitching In Invitational Tournament
- 15-Jan-2022 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX IQ Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Early-Bird Registration Opens
- 1-Dec-2021 09:00 EST
- Standard Registration Opens
- 4-Dec-2021 09:00 EST
- Registration Deadline
- 15-Jan-2022 09:00 EST
- This event has reached capacity. Teams on waitlist may still be added.
- It is past the registration deadline.
NOTE: This event is an invitational event. We are trying to make the best experience for all teams by keeping this event focused on newer, less experienced teams. Contact Philip Leete if you would like to attend this event. [email protected]
We’re very excited that you are looking at the GTACS Pitching In In-Person Tournament at Immaculate Conception Elementary School.
This event is an invitational. Teams will need to register on the Waiting List to be considered for the event.
Non-Judging: Because this is our first event, we will not be offering judging.
Skills: Skills will be available during qualifying matches. First come - First serve. Limit - 3 Driver, 3 Auto. Skills will close at the end of qualifying matches.
Tournament: We will be playing Pitching In as a traditional live in-person tournament. Expect between 5-7 qualifying rounds before finals.
- Teams are encouraged to maintain 6 feet minimum distance between other teams unless playing in a match.
- Masks are recommended for students and adults, regardless of vaccination status.
- Teams are encouraged to use hand sanitizer prior to placing their robot on the field and resetting game elements.
- All team registrations MUST BE PAID within 2 weeks of your team registration date and at least 1 week prior to the event. Failure to meet these payment policies may result in your team being moved to the waitlist.
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: No Judging
Event Dates & Locations
314 Vine Street
Traverse City, Michigan 49684
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Agenda is Subject to Change
Maximum Skills per team: 3 Driver and 3 Programming
- 7:30am Doors Open : team check-in and Inspection
- 8:15am Driver's Meeting
- 8:30am Qualification Rounds Begin (Skills will be open during Qualification matches only)
- ---------- Bring food for rolling snack breaks. Concessions are available for purchase --------------
- 12:30pm Finals Begin
- 1:00pm Awards
Indvidually wrapped snacks will be available for purchase.
- Yogurt cups
- jerky/meat sticks
- cheese sticks
- juice cups
- water bottles
- fruit snacks
Volunteers are what make our robotics events thrive. Please consider helping at this and other regional events.
Your help is always welcome and appreicated.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
This is an In-Person Live event. In the event of any cancelations, state restrictions or weather, we will post any cancelation updates in this section.
The event title will also be udated to reflect "Cancelled".
Refund and Payment Policies
There are typically no refunds for this event. Please see below for our COVID-19 refund policy.
All team registrations MUST BE PAID within 2 weeks of your team registration date and at least 1 week prior to the event. Failure to meet these payment policies may result in your team being moved to the waitlist.
COVID-19 and weather Refund Policies
If we cancel the event due to COVID-19 or any other reason, we will issue refunds for the event, reschedule the event, or apply the funds to a different event we are running at our discretion.
Any refunds will be issued only after payment is received from the REC Foundation. No refunds will include the $5 that is kept by the REC Foundation for credit card processing.
Refunds will not be offered in cases where we do not cancel the event. Please consider potential travel restrictions and weather when signing up and paying for the event.
Health and Safety Policies
- Teams are encouraged to maintain 6 feet minimum distance between other teams to the fullest extent possible
- Masks are recommended for all students and adults, regardless of vaccination status
- Teams are encouraged to use hand sanitizer prior to touching any common item not owned by the individual team
- Food will NOT be permitted (individual water bottles are permitted)
Date: 15-Jan-2022Immaculate Conception Elementary School
314 Vine Street
Traverse City, Michigan 49684
Please allow the necessary time to have your robot and team (students and mentor) report to the event on time.
Weather may be a factor for this event. Allow for extra time.
A webcast will not be available for this event
- No Judging