2022 Ohio VEX IQ Elementary State Championship
- Event Code
- VEX IQ Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Standard Registration Opens
- 1-Oct-2021 15:20 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 3-Mar-2022 23:59 EST
- It is past the registration deadline.
Welcome to the 2022 Ohio VEX IQ Elementary State Championship!
After such a crazy and challenging year, we are looking forward to welcoming the best VEX IQ teams in the state of Ohio for this championship event! Qualified teams should be sure to register prior to the deadline and make sure that payment for registration fees has been processed.
Final details were emailed to registered teams. Check it out here: https://www.smore.com/jdh4k
1. Please note the date change! After carefully considering several factors, we have decided to change the date of the Elementary VEX IQ State Championship event to Saturday, March 5th, 2022. Similar to last year's VEX IQ state event, we will run elementary and middle school events simultaneously...two separate events, two sets of awards, all of the fun & excitement wrapped into one day!
Concessions will be available.
Pizza Pre-Orders available here: https://bit.ly/2022_VEXIQpizzaorder
PRE-ORDER DEADLINE: VEX IQ Teams - Tuesday, March 1st by 5:00 pm
Please note that there is a vendor food contract with the Fairgrounds Coliseum and they do not allow outside food to be brought in. State Event Partners have no affiliation with that contract but we ask that you please respect this rule when planning your day. We are providing the pre-order option as a convenience for participating teams. Once the order is placed, concessions will handle all payments and distribution of orders.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules, the code of conduct, and run through the inspection checklist.
2. Check the Vex Forum for official for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in this tournament posting
4. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
5. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
6. Ensure that you have the latest version of firmware.
Grade Level: Elementary
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
220 East Fairground Street
Marion, Ohio 43302
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Schedule is subject to change.
8:00 - Doors Open, Team Check-In, Inspections Begins
9:00 - 10:00 Skills
9:30 - Inspection Closes
9:45 - Event Meeting
10:00-12:00 - Qualification Rounds
12:00-1:00 BREAK - Lunch, Skills, Team Interviews
1:00-3:00 - Qualification Rounds
3:30 - Final Matches (top 10 Alliances)
5:00 - Awards
Volunteers are an important part of every event and we acknowledge that these events would be impossible without them. We appreciate those volunteers who are willing to give of their time for the benefit of our students! Volunteers help make events run smoothly and play a critical role in every process, from registration to scoring to judging. Volunteers will receive a free t-shirt and lunch.
If interested in volunteering at this or any of the 2022 VEX Robotics Ohio State Championship events, please fill out this survey
**Please submit this form by Friday, February 18th at 5:00 pm in order to guarantee a volunteer shirt in your requested size due to our deadline with the shirt vendor. Responses after that date are still accepted & appreciated, but volunteer shirt sizes will be limited.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the event of bad weather, we will make every attempt to contact all coaches by email, phone or text, as well as make announcements through social media of any changes of the event or the event schedule.
We will also put all cancelations on WMRN AM 1490 and FM 95.9
Registration fees minus the $5 REC processing fee per team will be issued if the event is canceled due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Health and Safety Policies
Our #1 priority is the health and safety of our participants and volunteers. All local, state, federal, or any other government ordinances regarding COVID-19 safety procedures, social distancing, and best hygiene practices will be in effect for this event.
- Masks are recommended but not required for this event. If participating schools have different requirements concerning masks, we advise you to use your best judgment and follow your school policy.
- We will have hand sanitizer readily available and will regularly clean high-touch surfaces.
- Spectators will be permitted but will not be permitted in the pit area or on the competition floor. There is ample seating available within the coliseum. Teams and spectators will be advised and encouraged to sit appropriately socially distanced from other individuals or groups.
- A video live stream will be provided.
Date: 5-Mar-2022Marion County Fairgrounds & Veterans Memorial Coliseum
220 East Fairground Street
Marion, Ohio 43302
We will be live streaming this event. A link will be posted on this site and be shared with teams in advance.
Thank you for your interest in sponsoring the 2022 Ohio VEX Robotics Competition State Championship. We are always seeking and open to new partnerships and event sponsors are very excited
Along with the Robotics Education & Competition (REC) Foundation, we strive to provide elementary, middle school, and high school age youth with unique opportunities to participate in high-quality and affordable STEM-based competitive robotics programs and competitions using the VEX Robotics platform. These programs serve as a tool for student engagement in STEM, while also developing critical life skills and preparing students to become future problem solvers.
We rely on the support of our sponsor partners to sustain and expand this culminating event in Ohio each year. We welcome you to join our family of sponsors and partners in any or all of the following ways:
--> Our Sponsors are highly visible and committed partners who support programs, operations and team growth in their communities and around the world.
--> Our sponsors have the opportunity to provide financial assistance and have their logo proudly displayed on a variety of event signage & print materials.
--> All of our sponsors have the opportunity to see their employees engage directly with students as volunteers at events.
There are endless ways that you or your company can help!
If you have any questions about this form, please email Rob Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org