Showcase: Space City VEX IQ Elementary
- 4-Jun-2021 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX IQ Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Texas - Region 3
- Standard Registration Opens
- 17-Mar-2021 10:00 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 21-May-2021 10:01 EDT
- It is past the registration deadline.
Showcase events provide an opportunity for teams to play in-person tournaments with multiple organizations. Teams will compete with their robots and present their efforts to in-person judges so that they might experience an end-of-season event to showcase their accomplishments.
This event is now open to all teams with no regional/organizational limits.
Each individual team may select only 1 Showcase event to attend.
Registration will open without organizational limits 4-weeks prior to the event start date to fill any remaining capacity. The same team may place itself on multiple waitlists, but if that team gets invited to multiple events, that team may only choose one of those events to attend even if there is open capacity at a second event.
Grade Level: Elementary
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
2903 Falcon Pass
Houston, Texas 77062
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Click here to download the event agenda for the Space City Showcase events. Please note that this agenda is tentative.
Volunteers are the heart of any VEX Robotics event. If you would like to volunteer, please contact James Jobe at [email protected]
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
All cancellations will be communicated through email. Please check your email the day before and the morning of the tournament (before leaving).
Unfortunately, there will be no make-up in case of weather cancellations.
Refund and Payment Policies
Teams who wish to remove themselves from the event will receieve a full refund if they notify the Event Partner 4-weeks prior to the event.
Teams who have registered but have not paid or submitted a PO 4-weeks prior to the event will be removed from the event unless special arrangement has been made with the Event Partner.
If the event is cancelled, a full event registration refund will be given to all paid teams. Teams are responsible for their own transportation and hotel costs.
Health and Safety Policies
- Follow CCISD Self-screening (see below)
- Cloth face masks are required of all participants at all times inside the facility.
- Face shields may be worn in lieu of safety glasses (VRC Q&A 663), but are not an acceptable substitute for a cloth face mask.
- No spectators (CCISD plans to live-stream all events. If changes in local Covid policies are made, a limited number of spectators may be allowed)
- Suggested limit of competitors per team: 1 mentor and 3 students per robot
- Keep pit tables at 8-10’ apart
- No practice fields will be available (A decision on practice fields will be made closer to the event)
- Inspections will be performed at the pit table. Inspectors will circulate throughout the pits during the inspection time
- No queue tables, teams will be called directly from their pit tables to the field
- Packaged food only
- Pre-order lunch individual boxes will be available
- Participants must have completed consent forms on robotevents.com
- Avoid touching your face. Properly sanitize your hands if you must do so.
- Hand sanitizer is available at all entrances and competition fields. Participants are expected to clean their hands every time they move between areas (pit to field, field to pit, etc.)
- No sharing of personal items or robot parts between teams (Teams from the same school may share batteries and are expected to use appropriate sanitary cautions when doing so.
All approved events and event attendees are required to follow all local, state, federal, or any other government ordinances regarding COVID-19 safety procedures, social distancing, and best hygiene practices. We will continually assess, based on current government guidelines, whether to postpone, cancel, or significantly reduce the number of attendees when necessary
Date: 4-Jun-2021Learner Support Center CCISD
2903 Falcon Pass
Houston, Texas 77062
Coming from outside of Houston?
SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Webster is offering teams a special rate of $95 per night when booked through the link below. All rooms include refrigerators, microwaves, and free breakfast! If Covid policies allow, we will have practice fields available in the hotel conference room. This hotel is 20 minutes from Houston Hobby Airport and 12 minutes to the Learner Support Center. Reservations at the group rate can be booked anytime now through May 17th.
All events will be webcast on CCISD's Vimeo page
Help us help you with a pre-order lunch
The Chips Booster Club will be providing lunch pre-ordering for the Space City VRC Showcase on June 5, 2021. The tournament will be held at CCISD's Learning Support Center (old CLHS 9th Grade Center), 2903 Falcon Pass, Houston, TX 77062.
We ask that each team competing in the tournament who would like to pre-order, please fill out ONE group order. This year we will be offering Chick-fil-A Sandwiches, chips, and a drink or Personal Pizzas (cheese or pepperoni personal pizzas, chips, and a drink). The cost per meal is $8.00
Please decide your team order (one order per team) and fill out this form by 12:00 PM June 4th. Please submit one team payment. We will be able to accept cash, credit cards, and checks (made out to "Chips Robotics Booster Club") at check in on the day of the event. Payment in full must be received by 8:30am on 6/5/21 or your order will be cancelled.
Please use link below to preorder lunch
5 teams are on the waitlist for this event.