Redding Ruckus VEX IQ Tournament (Middle School Only)
- Event Code
- VEX IQ Competition
- Event Type
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- California - North
- Standard Registration Opens
- 2-Dec-2019 12:00 EST
- Registration Deadline
- 6-Jan-2020 17:00 EST
- It is past the registration deadline.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared:
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments.
2. Check the official VEX IQ Q&A on RobotEvents.com for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget:
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
5. Prep for possible team interviews with the judges.
6. Remember that safety and good sportsmanship comes first. We expect students to be doing the work at these VEX IQ events, and expect all adult volunteers and coaches to cooperate with these efforts.
Grade Level: Middle School
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Event Dates & Locations
1805 Sequoia Street
Redding, California 96001
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
- 7:30 am Doors open for volunteers
- 8:30 am
- Doors open for teams
- Teams check in. Note: TEAMS WHO CHECK IN MUST REMAIN PRESENT AT THE EVENT UNTIL IT CLOSES
- Pits open
- Practice fields open
- Registration & inspection begin
- 9:00 am Required Info Meeting at bleachers
- 9:15 am TEAMS MUST CHECK IN BY 9:15 TO BE INCLUDED IN THE MATCH LIST
- 9:30 am Opening ceremonies
- 9:45 am Qualification matches begin
- 12:15 pm Break for lunch
- 12:45 pm Qualification matches continue
- 2:00 pm
- Qualification matches finish
- Skills events finish
- Finals matches begin
- 2:30 pm Awards ceremony
- 2:45 pm Teams collect judging materials
- 3:00 pm Competition event closes
All volunteers are welcomed to contact the Event Partner (Rob Adams) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
If bad weather is in the forecast 3 nights before the event, I will send out an email with instructions of how we will proceed and precautions we will take. In the past, it has rained and we have had no problems with the event still continuing.
The event partner will contact teams if the event must be postponed. Teams should make sure their contact information is up to date in their RobotEvents.com account and includes both school and non-school phone numbers.
We will not be providing refunds under any circumstance.
REC Foundation Design Award RubricREC Foundation Design Award Rubric
Participant Release Form SpanishParticipant Release Form Spanish
REC Foundation Code of ConductREC Foundation Code of Conduct
Criteria for registered VEX IQ Challenge teams (Elementary and Middle School) to qualify for participation in championship events.VIQC Qualifying Criteria
A description of this year's STEM Research ProjectSTEM Research Project Topic (2019-2020)
A description of this year's STEM Research Project Rubric.STEM Research Project Topic Rubric (2019-2020)
VIQC Sqaured Away One Page Description.VIQC Sqaured Away One Page Description
VIQC Robot Inspection Checklist.VIQC Robot Inspection Checklist
Participant Release Form EnglishParticipant Release Form