Mt. SAC VEX IQ Highrise
- Event Code
- VEX IQ Challenge
- Event Type
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- California - South
- It is past the registration deadline.
The event will start promptly at 9AM. Door open at 8 AM and please arrive by 8:30 AM for registration. The event organizers will work hard to have the event over by 5 PM. Be sure to register for Skills and Programming Challenge when you arrive at the event so that the competitors can queue in a timely fashion.
The Mt. SAC Robotics Team will be grilling. $5 BBQ lunch will be available to all participants which is a fundraiser to support the sponsoring team. For Mentors / Parents there is an excellent farmers market on Campus until 2pm.
The world champion Robomagellan team will be on hand to demonstrate their autonomous outdoor navigation platform and talk about their preparations for the Army / AUVSI Intelligent Ground Vehicle Challenge. The gold medal winning humanoid robotics team will be present to talk about the challenges of humanoid robots.
Free parking will be available in lots adjacent to the Roboexpo and the Farmers Market. Please look for the Farmers Market signs and use those lots. Parking is $5 on other parts of campus.
Participants will be asked to sign a waiver as there will be a feature article in Robot Magazine on the Roboexpo. Please be ready to promote your school and team to be included in the article.
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Event Dates & Locations
Walnut, California 91789
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
8:30am Team arrivals/Pits open
- Team registration
- Practice field opens
- Inspection Table opens
8:45 am Judges meeting, referee meeting,
9:00 am Drivers' meeting
9:15 am Opening ceremony
9:30 am Competition matches and judging begin
12:00N Lunch break Skills and Programming Challenge begins
12:30pm Qualifying Matches resume
2:15pm Alliance Announcement
2:30pm Playoffs begin
3:00pm Awards ceremony
3:30pm Team load out
Date: 11/15/2014Mt. San Antonio College
Walnut, California 91789
Best Western West Covina
3275 E Garvey Avenue N
West Covina, California, 91791-1708, US
Ask for Martin and mention that you want the Mt. SAC event rate.
3145 E. Garvey Ave. N.,
West Covina, California, 91791,
USA TEL: 1-626-967-5800
Note: These hotels are not affiliated with the event in any way. Their contact information is provided for your convenience only.
Mt. SAC is located at 1100 N. Grand Ave, Walnut, CA 91789, where the 10, 57 and 60 freeways come together.
The event is in Building 9C on the Mt. SAC campus.
Please bring signed Participant Release Forms for all team members (students and adult mentors) to team check-in:
Please use the Highrise Inspection Checklist to pre-inspect your robot prior to competition:
This event is sure to be a fact-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found here.
2. Check the official VEX IQ forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
STEM Project Presentation Materials
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX IQ Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide.
Mt. SAC Associated Students
Mt. SAC Department of Physics and Engineering
Mt. SAC Robotics Team