2021- 2022 VEX IQ Pitching In Stargate Open Tournament - Blended ES and MS (in Person Judging)
- Event Code
- VEX IQ Challenge
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- It is past the registration deadline.
All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules (game manual - scroll down) and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found at www.roboticseducation.org under the VEX IQ Challenge drop down menu then click on VEX IQ Event Documents.
2. Check the official VEX IQ forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
- Goggles/Safety Glasses
- Spare parts & tools
- Batteries and chargers
- Programming cable
- Power strip
- Laptop computer
- Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and Excellence Awards )
- Banners and other decorations for your team pit
- Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament. While it is for VRC, most of it is very applicable to VIQC.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Read the Engineering Notebook and Team Interview Rubric.
Participation and Consent Form
Teams are encourged to fill out the online consent form prior to the tournament. A completed form for all participants must be turned in during check-in unless you have already uploaded them to your robotevents.com account.
Competition in the Field House
The event will be held in the Field House located to the northern side of the campus.
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: In-Person judging
Event Dates & Locations
14530 Washington St.
Thornton, Colorado 80023
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
7:30am doors open
8:00am Check-in and Robot Inspection
8:30am Skills Challenges Begin
9:30am Event Meeting
10:00am Tournament Match Play Begins
12:00pm Break for Lunch
12:45pm Tournament Match Play and Finals
We are always looking for volunteers! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
If the event is cancelled for weather related reasons we will provide a refund to teams, minus the non-refundable $5.00 RobotEvents fee.
Teams will be notified by 5 AM the day of the event.
Refunds will only be issued in the case of event cancellation. Should we have to cancel the event we will refund teams, minus the non-refundable $5.00 RobotEvents fee.
Health and Safety Policies
All competitors, coaches, officials, and spectators will wear masks in indoor areas.
Masks must be proivided by the attendee.
Teams are encouraged to bring their own disinfectant supplies, i.e. hand sanitizer and wipes.
Please review the following Judging Format options and keep the ones that apply to your event, and delete the others that do not apply. Feel free to add or edit to suit your event.
- No Judging
- In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.
- Remote Judging - The Team Interviews will be conducted remotely, and Engineering Notebooks will be submitted to judges electronically. Interviews and Notebook submission deadlines may be scheduled ahead of the event date.
- Remote Team Interviews: Team Interviews will be conducted remotely, possibly before the date of the event. Engineering Notebooks will still be submitted in person the day of the event to be evaluated by judges.
- Electronic Engineering Notebook Submissions: Team interviews will be conducted in-person at the Event. Engineering notebooks will be submitted electronically for evaluation, with a submission deadline that may be scheduled ahead of the event date.