2021 West Oahu - VEX IQ Blended SKILLS ONLY, No Judging
Event Code: RE-VIQC-21-5615
Program: VEX IQ Challenge
Type of Event: Tournament
Event Format: In-Person, Skills Only
Capacity: 16 / Spots Open: 8
Event Region: Hawaii
Max Registrations per Organization: 2
Registration Deadline: Mon, Nov 1, 2021 4:28 PM EDT
91-5335 Kapolei Parkway
Kapolei, Hawaii 96707
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: No judging
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Welcome to the 2021 West Oahu - VEX IQ Blended SKILLS ONLY Event!
Mandatory Release Form
All participants including coaches/mentors/teachers must have a Participant Release Form uploaded in RobotEvents.com.
Teams must be paid two weeks prior to the event. Teams not paid at this time may be dropped at the event partner's discretion to allow teams in from the wait list.
VEX IQ Skills Only:
- Teams will be permitted to run up to (3) Driver and (3) Programming Skills per the Qualifying Criteria
- Please refer to the game manual VIQC Game Manual for specific rules and requirement.
* More information will be provided after registering for the event *
Code of Conduct
We expect the following behavior and ethical standards at all REC Foundation-sanctioned events:
• Act with integrity, honesty, and reliability
• Behave in a respectful and professional manner with event staff, volunteers, and fellow competitors
• Exhibit maturity and class when dealing with difficult and stressful situations
• Respect individual differences
• Follow all rules as listed in the current game manual(s)
• Student-centered teams with limited adult assistance
• Safety as a top priority
• Good sportsmanship, which includes supporting your alliance partners
These expectations apply to all team members and all adults associated with a team including, but not limited to, teachers, mentors and parents. This Code may also apply to behavior outside of REC Foundation-sanctioned events where inappropriate actions are related to an event or participating individuals.
Repeated or egregious violations of the expectations in this Code may result in consequences up to the disqualification of the team or organization from the current event and/or future events, and potentially removal from the program after review by the REC Foundation.
Teams will be assigned a 30-minute scheduled time slot to complete up to (3) Programming Skills Matches and (3) Driving Skills Matches per the Qualifying Criteria.
Teams to arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled session for Robot inspection.
7:00 a.m. - Venue opens
7:30 a.m. - Skills Challenge begins
11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. LUNCH
12:00 p.m. - Skills Challenge resume
NOTE: The Agenda is subject to changes!
Due to COVID we will not need outside volunteers at this event.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
The event partner will contact teams of any cancelations. Teams should make sure their contact information is up to date and includes both school and non-school phone numbers.
Due to fixed costs refunds will not be provided.