Event Code: RE-VIQC-20-2114
Program: VEX IQ Challenge
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 24 / Spots Open: 24
Event Region: South Dakota
Price: $30.00This event is closed to registration because:
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: Standard judging
Additional Contact Information:
Thanks for registering for Canton's fourth annual VEX IQ tournament.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to email
Welcome to the Fourth Annual Canton VEX IQ tournament.
Concessions will be offered at this event and we encourage you to take advantage of the food, drink and snacks throughout the day. For your convenience, teams will also be allowed to bring food into the building. Thank you for your cooperation.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found on the Documents tab.
2. Check the official VEX IQ forums at robotevents.com for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament found on the Documents tab.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX IQ participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found on the Volunteer page at roboticseducation.org.
10. Ensure that you have the latest version of firmware for the IQ brain. The latest version of VEXOs can be found by downloading and installing the update tool from VEX Robotics: https://www.vexrobotics.com/vexiq/resources/vexos
A completed form for all participants must be turned in during check-in. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them in to the registration desk when checking in.
Download the VEX/RECF Consent & Waiver Form. http://www.roboticseducation.org/documents/2013/06/vrc-participant-release-form.pdf
Tentative Agenda (subject to change):
Check in 7:30-830 If you are going to be late to check in please contact event partner before 8:30. After 8:30 the schedule will be run for all teams accounted for.
9:15 Drivers Meeting / Opening Ceremonies at the main fields
9:30 Match play starts
12:30 Match play and skills challenges end.
12:45 Finals matches start
Volunteers for the event can contact our Event Partner
The tournament will go on unless the interstates are closed for bad weather. Teams will need to use their best judgment on safe travel.
Refunds minus a $5 fee will be given for any team that withdraws from the tournament prior to October 23rd. After October 23rd no refunds will be given.
The tournament will be at the Canton HIgh School.
Canton High School
800 N Main St
Canton SD 57013