Event Code: RE-VIQC-20-0831
Program: VEX IQ Challenge
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 36 / Spots Open: 16
Event Region: Idaho
Price: $45.00This event is closed to registration because:
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
STEM Research Offered: No
Additional Contact Information:
Please leave a voice message + send a text to the "event day phone" listed above in the event that you are NOT going to show up on the day of the tournament.
The Idaho VEX IQ State Championship will be held on Saturday, March 7th, 2020.
***** Please note: There will be snacks and drinks for sale at the event beginning at approx 10AM. Please let us know if you require any special services. We may *optionally* decide to run through lunch to get teams back on the road as soon as possible.
Students this year will design robots for the Squared Away Game, details can be found here: https://www.vexrobotics.com/vexiq/competition/viqc-current-game
This tournament is open to Idaho middle school and elementary students.
Skills Challenges will be available to all teams, with 3 Max Driver attempts and 3 Max Programming attempts per team.
The top ten (10) teams from the qualification rounds will participate in Finals. These ten (10) teams will be automatically paired into 5 Alliances. The top scoring alliance in Finals will earn the Tournament Champion Award.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. To help all teams prepare, here are a few tips for each team:
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found here: http://link.roboticseducation.org/viqc_robotinspectionchecklist20192020
2. Check the official Game Manual for rule updates and changes here:
3. Check the official QA Forums for rule updates and changes here:
4. Carefully read all of the information contained in this tournament posting all updates will be posted here
5. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
6. Read through the Awards Appendix, there have been some small changes to the awards process.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first; please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX IQ participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. Referee training videos can be found here: http://www.roboticseducation.org/vex-iq-challenge/vex-iq-challenge-referee-training-videos/
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here:
11. Ensure that you have the latest version of firmware. It can be found here:
Saturday, March 7th, 2020
8:00 am Doors open / Begin Inspection / Begin Check-In
9AM Drivers Meeting / Turn in Notebooks
9:30 am - 10:45 am Skills Challenge
10:00 am - 11:45 am Judging
11:45 am - Event Meeting
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm Qualification matches
4:00 pm - 4:15 pm Final alliance matches
4:30 pm Presentation of awards, closing
This event is 100% run by volunteers. If you would like to help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event of a bad weather cancelation / or tournament postponement due to weather, we will contact all registered teams by 3PM the night before the tournament. Coaches-- please make sure your contact information in robotevents.com is up to date!
Due to fixed costs of holding the tournament, there will be no refunds for teams who cannot make it. In the event that we must cancel due to weather, and cannot reschedule, we will refund your registration fees (less the robotevents.com processing fee). Please allow up to 60 days for the refund process.
Please drive safely. There is plenty of parking in front of Syringa Middle School.
REC Foundation Design Award RubricREC Foundation Design Award Rubric
Participant Release Form SpanishParticipant Release Form Spanish
REC Foundation Code of ConductREC Foundation Code of Conduct
Criteria for registered VEX IQ Challenge teams (Elementary and Middle School) to qualify for participation in championship events.VIQC Qualifying Criteria
A description of this year's STEM Research ProjectSTEM Research Project Topic (2019-2020)
A description of this year's STEM Research Project Rubric.STEM Research Project Topic Rubric (2019-2020)
VIQC Sqaured Away One Page Description.VIQC Sqaured Away One Page Description
VIQC Robot Inspection Checklist.VIQC Robot Inspection Checklist
Participant Release Form EnglishParticipant Release Form