Event Code: RE-VIQC-19-9680
Program: VEX IQ Challenge
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 21 / Spots Open: 2
Event Region: District of Columbia
Price: $100.00This event is closed to registration because:
Grade Level: Elementary
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Competition Preparation This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have additional questions.
Team Food Lunches
Food form needs to be filled out and paid no later than Feb 28th No money accepted for team lunches after February 28th. Individual pieces will be available on-site while supplies last. There will additional food vendors on site. Payment via PayPal at www.mwso.org Please place team number in notes.
. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found on the documents page.
2. Read the document 120 Things to do before your first VEX Tournament found on the Document Page.
3. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure.
Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
4. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit.
5. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants should thoroughly read the game rules. Additional rulings and interpretations of the game rules can be found on the VEX Forums. Link to follow.
6. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. See the Documents tab.
8. Participation and Consent Form - A completed form for all participants must be turned in during check-in. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them into the registration desk when checking in. The Participation and Consent Form can be found on the Documents page.
Opening Ceremony Parade
Fill out the form to be used during the opening ceremony parade. You can have one or two team members only to represent your school. You can have a flag or banner during the parade.
8:30 AM - Doors open
8:30 AM - 9:15 AM - Check in/inspection and practice/STEM Notebooks at registration table.
8:40 am to 9:30 Skills Open
9:30 AM - 9:45 AM - Coaches/Drivers meeting
9:45 pm- 10:05 AM - Kickoff of event Ceremonies
10:05 AM - 12:15 PM - Qualification matches
10:05 AM - 1:30 PM - Skills field re-open (3 Matches)
12:45 AM - 2:45 PM - Qualification matches
3:00 PM - to 3:30 PM Finals Matches (Top 10)
3:45 PM - Event Awards
4:15 PM - Cleanup/go home
Volunteer with us! Contact Randy McCain at email@example.com or www.mwso.org under important dates tab.
If a weather emergency, we will reschedule to March 14th.
Refunds will be given minus the $5 REC Foundation fee. Refunds will only be given to teams that notify the organizer 14 days in advance. This gives us time to notify any teams on the waiting list.
Join Zoom Meeting begins at 10 am EST.
Randy McCain Jr. <firstname.lastname@example.org>
If you have questions about this process, please contact your REC Foundation Regional Support Manager. Refer to our website for contact information: www.robotevents.com/support
REC Foundation Design Award RubricREC Foundation Design Award Rubric
Participant Release Form SpanishParticipant Release Form Spanish
REC Foundation Code of ConductREC Foundation Code of Conduct
Criteria for registered VEX IQ Challenge teams (Elementary and Middle School) to qualify for participation in championship events.VIQC Qualifying Criteria
A description of this year's STEM Research ProjectSTEM Research Project Topic (2019-2020)
A description of this year's STEM Research Project Rubric.STEM Research Project Topic Rubric (2019-2020)
VIQC Sqaured Away One Page Description.VIQC Sqaured Away One Page Description
VIQC Robot Inspection Checklist.VIQC Robot Inspection Checklist
Participant Release Form EnglishParticipant Release Form