BCPS Fall Robotics Squared Away VIQC Qualifier (ES and MS)
Event Code: RE-VIQC-19-8635
Program: VEX IQ Challenge
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 48 / Spots Open: 0
Event Region: Maryland
Max Registrations per Organization: 10
Price: $75.00This event is closed to registration because:
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
712 Corbett Road
Monkton, Maryland 21111
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Registering for this event before the 6-weeks prior to the date of the event will impact your Early Bird Registration allotment. For more information on the Early Bird Registration process, please see the FAQ: https://www.roboticseducation.org/documents/2018/10/early-bird-registration-2018-19.pdf/
We are excited to host an early opportunity for young teams to experience the game, Squared Away, for the 2019-20 season!
IF registration is closed and you want to register a team, please contact Chris Putnam at email@example.com as soon as possible.
REGISTERED TEAMS - we will be sending out event info to your coach's email that is registered with RECF.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found on the documents page.
2. Read the document 120 Things to do before your first VEX Tournament found on the Document Page.
3. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure.
Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, REQUIRED for Judges, Design and Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
4. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit.
5. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants should thoroughly read the game rules. Additional rulings and interpretations of the game rules can be found on the VEX Forums. Link to follow.
6. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. See the Documents tab.
8. Participation and Consent Form - A completed form for all participants must be turned in during check-in. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them in to the registration desk when checking in. The Participation and Consent Form can be found on the Documents page.
If this event is full please contact the event partner regarding availability and add your team to the waitlist.
> doors open at 7:30am
. check in and inspection will open asap
> teams check in by 8:45
> 9:00 - driver meeting
> 9:15 am – 12 noon qualifier matches begin
> 12 to 12:30- lunch break
> 12:35 - 2:30pm qualifier matches
> 2:40pm - finals - 6 alliances Top 12 teams in ranking
>3:00 pm - awards
> 3:15 – cleanup
Volunteer with us!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering and/or helping us recruit volunteers. Please contact both Chris Putnam and Shane Stoe at
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com if you would like to volunteer or can assist us with recruiting volunteers.
We are currenly seeking the following key positions for experienced volunteers who have filled one of these roles at a local tournament:
- Division Manager
- Head Referee
- Head Judge
We will be in need of many Judges, Computer Operators and General Assistants. We will have training available on-site for these positions. All volunteers will receive meals, snacks and a free shirt.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
There is no snow date. If we cancel, refunds will be distributed minus the $5.00 RECF fee.
We will make every attempt to accommodate the majoirty of participants. At this time, we have no make up date planned. Please call Chris Putnam and/or check this Robotevents.com page the day of the event with any concerns or questions about the status of the event.
Refunds will be given minus the $5 REC Foundation fee.
Refunds will only be given to teams that notify the organizer 7 days in advance or October 27th. This gives us time to
notify any teams on the waiting list.
Stay Tuned for updates here.
There is limited parking in the front of the building. Entrance and exit are one way. There is more parking behind the building. Rear of building is accessible only from the front entrance road.
If the ground is dry, a gate at the main entrance will be open to offer additional parking by the tennis courts.
Do not park on the road. All road parking is illegal and tickets will be written by local police.
REC Foundation Design Award RubricREC Foundation Design Award Rubric
Participant Release Form SpanishParticipant Release Form Spanish
REC Foundation Code of ConductREC Foundation Code of Conduct
Criteria for registered VEX IQ Challenge teams (Elementary and Middle School) to qualify for participation in championship events.VIQC Qualifying Criteria
A description of this year's STEM Research ProjectSTEM Research Project Topic (2019-2020)
A description of this year's STEM Research Project Rubric.STEM Research Project Topic Rubric (2019-2020)
VIQC Sqaured Away One Page Description.VIQC Sqaured Away One Page Description
VIQC Robot Inspection Checklist.VIQC Robot Inspection Checklist
Participant Release Form EnglishParticipant Release Form