2020 Hawaiian Electric Companies Hawaii State Middle School VEX IQ Championship
- 02/28/2020 - 02/29/2020
- Event Code
- VEX IQ Challenge
- Event Type
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- It is past the registration deadline.
Qualifying for this Event
Teams will qualify to this event through the Hawaii state VEX IQ qualifying events.
Payment in full must be made at least 2 weeks prior to the event.
STEM project video
*for information to submit the on line STEM presentation: see RECF guidelines
*send your team's STEM presentation URL no later than 8:00 a.m., February 15, 2020, to firstname.lastname@example.org; be sure to have your email received confirmed.
*be sure that the sound quality is sufficient that students are heard with enough volume and clarity and that any materials shown are of sufficient size to be understandable
Teams that have not checked in and completed inspection 45 minutes prior to the beginning of the qualifying matches will be dropped from the roster so that the match list may be run. Teams that are running late must contact the event partner prior to this cut off if they do not wish to be dropped.
- The VEX IQ championship tournaments will be held February 28-29, 2020, Kamehameha School Maui.
- Please supervise all team members; we are guests of the Kamehameha School. Teams are restricted to the Event area.
- There should be no running in the pit or tournament areas. Please be careful about creating tripping hazards with packing crates,
- Please keep the pit area clean. No food or drinks in pit area.
- Charging tables will be available; bring your own power strip and extension cord.
- Please do not bring your own VEX IQ field/Squared Away game set unless you were requested/confirmed to do so.
- Please review guidelines for the engineering notebook; judges will be hard pressed to search for the required documentation if you include extensive additional pages such as the history of your program, powerpoint reprints, etc.
Grade Level: Middle School
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Event Dates & Locations
Date: 02/28/2020 - 02/29/2020Venue/Location:
270 Aapueo Parkway
Makawao, Hawaii 96768
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
February 28, 2020, Friday
5:00 p.m.- team check in, inspection, practice
7:00 p.m. - pits close
February 29, 2020, Saturday
7:30 a.m. - Doors open, check in, inspection
8:30 a.m. – Opening ceremony
8:45 a.m. – Drivers’ meeting
9:15 a.m. – Qualification matches begin; skills fields open
12:00 p.m. -- Lunch
12:45 p.m. – Qualification matches resume
3:15 p.m.- Matches, skills end
3:45 p.m.- Finals matches begin (top 20 teams)
4:30 p.m. Finals matches end
4:35 p.m. - Awards ceremony
Volunteers are needed and appreciated. Please contact Art Kimura, email@example.com, to volunteer for this event.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
This event will be postponed in the event of bad weather. Teams will be notified by the event partner the day prior to the event if there is a need to postpone. Please make sure your team contact info is up to date in your RobotEvents.com account, and includes both school and non-school phone numbers.
Due to fixed event partner costs, there are no refunds for this event. Payment in full is required 2 weeks prior to tournament or teams may be dropped by the event partner.
Date: 02/28/2020 - 02/29/2020Kamehameha Schools Maui
270 Aapueo Parkway
Makawao, Hawaii 96768
Maui Beach Hotel
170 Kaahumanu Avenue, Kahului, HI 96732
For a Live Stream of teh event - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1kMRr9j2-k
Please remember to bring your filled out participant release forms available at:
Participant Release Form.
Hawaiian Electric Companies
with support of:
Kamehameha Schools - Maui
Robotics Education and Competition Foundation
This season the STEM Research Project is presented as a 4-minute video plus 15 seconds of credits that the team records and uploads to SchoolTube, YouTube, or a similar online video platform. A link to the video must be submitted to the Event Partner no later than TWO WEEKS BEFORE the tournament date. Follow these steps:
- Please refer to the **STEM Research Project and Presentation** document from the REC Foundation. The document can be found in the VEX IQ Challenge Team Resources area at https://www.roboticseducation.org
- Record the STEM Presentation as a video following the instructions in the STEM Research Project and Presentation document.
- Upload the video to one of the online video resources following the instructions in the STEM Research Project and Presentation document.
- Have the coach or another adult email the link to the video, including the team number and contact information for the coach, to the Event Partner no later than TWO WEEKS BEFORE the tournament date:
Rene Kimura (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- STEM Research Project Award finalists will be interviewed by judges at the event. Please refer to the STEM Research Project and Presentation document for details.
- Only ONE submission allowed per team. If two or more video links are sent to the Event Partner, only the first link received will be considered.
- The winner of the STEM Research Project Award will be announced with the other judged awards at the event.
If you have questions about this process, please contact your REC Foundation Regional Support Manager. Refer to our website for contact information: www.robotevents.com/support
REC Foundation Design Award RubricREC Foundation Design Award Rubric
Participant Release Form SpanishParticipant Release Form Spanish
REC Foundation Code of ConductREC Foundation Code of Conduct
Criteria for registered VEX IQ Challenge teams (Elementary and Middle School) to qualify for participation in championship events.VIQC Qualifying Criteria
A description of this year's STEM Research ProjectSTEM Research Project Topic (2019-2020)
A description of this year's STEM Research Project Rubric.STEM Research Project Topic Rubric (2019-2020)
VIQC Sqaured Away One Page Description.VIQC Sqaured Away One Page Description
VIQC Robot Inspection Checklist.VIQC Robot Inspection Checklist
Participant Release Form EnglishParticipant Release Form