Event Code: RE-VIQC-19-8174
Program: VEX IQ Challenge
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 36 / Spots Open: 8
Event Region: District of Columbia
Max Registrations per Organization: 9
Price: $60.00This event is closed to registration because:
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
STEM Research Offered: No
We are excited to host an early opportunity for young teams to experience the 2019-2020 VEX IQ game, Squared Away.
REGISTERED TEAMS - we will be sending out event info to your coach's email that is registered with RECF.
Competition Preparation This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found on the documents page.
2. Read the document 120 Things to do before your first VEX Tournament found on the Document Page.
3. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure.
Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
4. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit.
5. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants should thoroughly read the game rules. Additional rulings and interpretations of the game rules can be found on the VEX Forums. Link to follow.
6. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide.
8. Participation and Consent Form - A completed form for all participants must be turned in during check-in. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them into the registration desk when checking in. The Participation and Consent Form can be found on the Documents page.
8:30 AM - Doors open
8:30 AM - 9:15 AM - Check-in/inspection and practice/STEM Notebooks at registration table.
8:40 am to 9:20 Skills Open
9:20 AM - 9:30 AM - Coaches/Drivers meeting
10:00 AM - Kickoff of event Ceremonies
10:15 AM - 12:15 PM - Qualification matches
10:15 AM - 12:30 PM - Skills field open (3 Matches)
12:45 AM - 1:45 PM - Qualification matches
2 PM - to 2:45 PM Finals Matches
3:00 PM - High Five line- all/ Event Awards/
3:30 PM - Cleanup/go home
Volunteer information will be posted at a later date.
There is no snow date. If we cancel, refunds will be distributed minus the $5.00 RECF fee. We will make every attempt to accommodate the majority of participants. At this time, we have no make up date planned. Please call Gerald Smith and/or check this Robotevents.com page the day of the event with any concerns or questions about the status of the event.
Refunds will be given minus the $5 REC Foundation fee. Refunds will only be given to teams that notify the organizer 7 days in advance. This gives us time to notify any teams on the waiting list.
REC Foundation Design Award RubricREC Foundation Design Award Rubric
Participant Release Form SpanishParticipant Release Form Spanish
REC Foundation Code of ConductREC Foundation Code of Conduct
Criteria for registered VEX IQ Challenge teams (Elementary and Middle School) to qualify for participation in championship events.VIQC Qualifying Criteria
A description of this year's STEM Research ProjectSTEM Research Project Topic (2019-2020)
A description of this year's STEM Research Project Rubric.STEM Research Project Topic Rubric (2019-2020)
VIQC Sqaured Away One Page Description.VIQC Sqaured Away One Page Description
VIQC Robot Inspection Checklist.VIQC Robot Inspection Checklist
Participant Release Form EnglishParticipant Release Form