Event Code: RE-VIQC-19-0723
Program: VEX IQ Challenge
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 24 / Spots Open: 11
Event Region: Missouri
Price: $35.00This event is closed to registration because:
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: No
STEM Research Offered: No
Maryville university is again partnering with the 4-h electric dolphins to bring you a fun and exciting day of competition.
This event is open to elementary and middle school Vex IQ teams.
Please consider the following items as you prepare for the event:
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found on the documents page.
2. Read the document 120 Things to do before your first VEX Tournament found on the Document Page.
3. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure.
Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Power strip & extension cord
Engineering notebook (if you have one, REQUIRED for Design and Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
4. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants should thoroughly read the game rules. Additional rulings and interpretations of the game rules can be found on the Offical VEX Forum.
5. Participation and Consent Form - A completed form for all participants must be turned in during check-in. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them in to the registration desk when checking in. The Consent & Waiver Form can be found on the documents page.
8:30 doors open
9:00 check in begins
9:45 driver's meeting
10:00 matches begin and skills field opens
12:00 break for lunch (cafeteria on site)
1-2:30 matches resume
3:15 matches end
3:30 awards presented
please feel free to call 314-302-3407
in case of severe weather, every attempt will be made to reschedule this event
cancellations expecting refund must be given 2 week prior to event
please contact cassidae at 314-302-3407
REC Foundation Design Award RubricREC Foundation Design Award Rubric
Participant Release Form SpanishParticipant Release Form Spanish
REC Foundation Code of ConductREC Foundation Code of Conduct
Criteria for registered VEX IQ Challenge teams (Elementary and Middle School) to qualify for participation in championship events.VIQC Qualifying Criteria
A description of this year's STEM Research ProjectSTEM Research Project Topic (2019-2020)
A description of this year's STEM Research Project Rubric.STEM Research Project Topic Rubric (2019-2020)
VIQC Sqaured Away One Page Description.VIQC Sqaured Away One Page Description
VIQC Robot Inspection Checklist.VIQC Robot Inspection Checklist
Participant Release Form EnglishParticipant Release Form