Event Code: RE-VIQC-19-0588
Program: VEX IQ Challenge
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 32 / Spots Open: 0
Event Region: Maryland
Max Registrations per Organization: 8
Price: $75.00This event is closed to registration because:
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
STEM Research Offered: No
REGISTERED TEAMS - we will be sending out event info to your coach's email that is registered with RECF.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found on the documents page.
2. Participation and Consent Form - A completed form for all participants must be turned in during check-in or completed online in advance. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them in to the registration desk when checking in. The Participation and Consent Form can be found on the Documents page
3. Read the document 120 Things to do before your first VEX Tournament found on the Document Page.
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure.
Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, REQUIRED for Design and Excellence Awards )
A great team Spirit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team.
6. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants should thoroughly read the game rules. Additional rulings and interpretations of the game rules can be found on the VEX Forums.
7. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. See the Documents tab.
8. Participation and Consent Form - A completed form for all participants must be turned in during check-in if forms are not already uploaded through RobotEvents. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them in to the registration desk when checking in. The Participation and Consent Form can be found on the Documents page.
If this event is full please add your team to the waitlist and contact Kim Ringgold at email@example.com as soon as possible.
> Doors open at 9 AM; check-in from 9:30-11:45am
> Skills opens approximately 9:30 am and runs until 2pm with breaks for driver's meeting & volunteer lunch
> registration and inspection closes at 11:45
> 11:45 - drivers meeting
> 12:00 pm - qualifier matches begin
> 12:45 to 1:30 pm - volunteers break/lunches served
> 1:40 - 3:30 pm matches resume
> 3:45 pm - finals - 12 matches
> 4:10 pm - final awards
Volunteer with us!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering and/or helping us recruit volunteers. Please contact Eric Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to volunteer or can assist us with recruiting volunteers.
We are currenly seeking volunteers in the following roles:
There is no snow date. If we cancel, refunds will be distributed minus the $5.00 RECF fee.
We will make every attempt to accommodate the majoirty of participants. At this time, we have no make up date planned. Please check this Robotevents.com page the day of the event for the latest status of the event.
Refunds will be given minus the $5 REC Foundation fee.
Refunds will only be given to teams that notify the organizer 7 days in advance. This gives us time to notify any teams on the waiting list.
New Town High School is located at 4931 New Town Blvd. Owings Mills, Md 21117.
REC Foundation Design Award RubricREC Foundation Design Award Rubric
Participant Release Form SpanishParticipant Release Form Spanish
REC Foundation Code of ConductREC Foundation Code of Conduct
Criteria for registered VEX IQ Challenge teams (Elementary and Middle School) to qualify for participation in championship events.VIQC Qualifying Criteria
A description of this year's STEM Research ProjectSTEM Research Project Topic (2019-2020)
A description of this year's STEM Research Project Rubric.STEM Research Project Topic Rubric (2019-2020)
VIQC Sqaured Away One Page Description.VIQC Sqaured Away One Page Description
VIQC Robot Inspection Checklist.VIQC Robot Inspection Checklist
Participant Release Form EnglishParticipant Release Form