2017 aio Hawaii State Middle School VEX IQ Championship
- Event Code
- VEX IQ Challenge
- Event Type
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
Qualifying for this Event
Teams that have not checked in 45 minutes prior to the beginning of the qualifying matches will be dropped from the roster so that the match list may be run. Teams that are running late must contact the event partner prior to this cut off if they do not wish to be dropped.
- The VEX IQ championship tournaments will be held February 20, 2017, 4th floor ballrooms A and B. Parking is available ($10 per day per car): enter via Kalakaua Avenue to parking level. See robotevents for the specific agenda for elementary and middle school divisions.
- Outside bulk food and drinks (such as a cooler of drinks or a whole pizza or a box of sandwiches) are not allowed to be brought to the Hawaii Convention Center. We encourage you to purchase food and drinks from the concession (pre order menu; note deadline to order: February 10, 2017); adults are encouraged to pick up team meals early and not wait until the designated lunch break to avoid crowding/lines at the concession.
- Individuals may carry his/her own bottle water of water, meal or snack into the Convention Center.
- Pit area: restricted to capped drinks and bagged snacks only; please eat lunches outside the pit area.
- Please supervise all team members; we are guests of the Hawaii Convention. Teams are restricted to the fourth floor in/near the ballroom and 2nd floor parking. Escalators are off limits except in going to/from the parking level.
- There should be no running in the pit or tournament areas. Please be careful about creating tripping hazards with packing crates, etc.
- Please keep the pit area clean.
- Charging tables will be available; bring your own power strip and extension cord.
- Please do not bring your own VEX IQ field/Crossover game set unless you were requested/confirmed to do so.
- Please review guidelines for the engineering notebook; we have 40 teams in each division and judges will be hard pressed to search for the required documentation if you include extensive additional pages such as the history of your program, powerpoint reprints, etc.
Grade Level: Middle School
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Event Dates & Locations
Honolulu, Hawaii 96815
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
February 20, 2017
8:00 - Doors open, check in, inspection
9:00 - Drivers' meetings
9:15 - Opening remarks, game overview
9:30 - Qualification matches, skills begin
12:30 - Middle lunch
1:15 - Middle matches resume
2:15 - Matches, skills end
2:30 - Finals matches begin (top 10 teams)
3:15 - Finals matches end
3:45 - Awards ceremony
Please contact Art Kimura to volunteer for this event.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
This event will be postponed in the event of bad weather.
Due to fixed event partner costs, there are no refunds for this event.
Date: 02/20/2017Hawaii Convention Center
Honolulu, Hawaii 96815
Ala Moana Hotel
410 Atkinson Dr, Honolulu, HI 96814
Phone: (808) 955-4811
Please remember to bring your filled out participant release forms available at:
Participant Release Form.
Hawaii Convention Center
Hawaii Council of Engineering Societies
Please bring signed Participant Release Forms for all team members (students and adult mentors) to team check-in/registration.Participant Consent Form
Please use the Robot Inspection Checklist to pre-inspect your robot prior to the event:Inspection Checklist
For a checklist to prepare your team for this event, please download and read the following document:Tips for Teams to Prepare for VEX IQ Challenge Ev