Event Code: RE-VIQC-17-4457
Program: VEX IQ Challenge
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 40 / Spots Open: 0
Event Region: Colorado
Max Registrations per Organization: 6
Price: $5.00This event is closed to registration because:
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
STEM Research Offered: Yes
Additional Contact Information:
Please don't hesitate to contact us with questions about the event!
Snacks and drinks will be available for purchase on site.
This event is sure to be fast-paced and exciting. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time to make last-minute adjustments if any are needed. http://www.roboticseducation.org/competition-teams/vex-iq-challenge/
2. Check the official VEX IQ forums for rule updates and changes. http://www.vexiqforum.com/
3. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Be sure to include:
4. Be sure to read Tips for Teams to Prepare VEX IQ Challenge Events.
5. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that will be handed out at this tournament.
6. Prep for your team interview with the judges, and practice your STEM presentation.
7. Understand how the game will be played, and that in teamwork matches you're working WITH the other team, not against them! VEX IQ participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament.
8. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide, and make sure all team members are ready to respond to a problem.
9. Ensure that you have the latest version of firmware.
|8:00-9:15am||Robot inspection, STEM project judging|
|8:15-noon||Skills fields open|
|12:30-2:00pm||Skills fields open; Qualification matches continue|
|2:00-2:30pm||Strategize for Finals matches; begin pit cleanup|
|2:30-3:00pm||Finals matches and awards|
Each team must provide one or more adult volunteers for this event.
To sign up as a volunteer for this event, please visit the event's SignUpGenius page. Thanks!
In case of INCLEMENT WEATHER (as determined by the St Vrain Valley School District) the tournament may be canceled and no refunds available.
Withdrawing from the tournament? We're sad to see you go. Because we're only charging the $5 fee that we'll have to pass on to Robot Events for your registration, no refunds are available for cancellation.
If your team is traveling to this event from out-of-town, we'd be happy to work with you to find host families to stay with (or nearby hotels, if you prefer). Email email@example.com if you're looking for help with travel arrangements!
A 1-page description of the current challenge (VEX IQ Ringmaster) is available here.VEX IQ Challenge Ringmaster Game Description
Please download the CREATE US Open Qualifying Criteria for more information on qualifying and attending the 2018 CREATE US Open event.CREATE US Open Qualifying Criteria
The Stapp Inspires Award—sponsored by Stapp Interstate Toyota and presented to a team that, through tenacity and resilience, inspired others to rise above—was awarded to Team 11263D, Sunset Middle School Team 4 from Sunset Middle School in Longmont, Colorado.