Kansas TSA VEX Skyrise
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- It is past the registration deadline.
Food and Drinks
Outside food and drinks are acceptable at this venue. Please be courteous and care for your items so as to leave the venue in as good or better condition than found upon arrival.
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Eligible Teams: TSA
Event Dates & Locations
Salina, Kansas 67401
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
11:30 Venue Opens
12:00 Registration, Sign up for field times & Inspection
12:30 Skills Challenges Begin (one team every 15 minutes)
4:30 Elimination Match Tournament seeding
4:45 Driver's Meeting
5:00 Elimination Match Tournament
6:00 Awards Ceremony
6:30 venue Closes
Date: 3-Apr-2015Webster Conference Center
Salina, Kansas 67401
This tournament location is:
2601 N Ohio St, Salina, KS 67401
There are lodging facilities and restaurants within a short drive of this conference location.
All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The rules and inspection checklist can be found at: http://www.roboticseducation.org/vex-robotics-competitionvrc/current-game/
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Visit the tournament's page on RobotEvents and read it carefully. Specifically, look for information about the team's pit area, available concession areas, electrical sources and any venue specific rules.
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
* Goggles/Safety Glasses
* Spare parts & tools
* Batteries and chargers
* Programming cable
* Power Strip
* Laptop computer
* Engineering notebook (if you have one)
* Banners and other decorations for your team pit
* Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament. This can be found at http://www.vexforum.com/wiki/101_Things_You_Should_Know_Before_Your_First_VEX_Tournament
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
Participation and Consent Form. A completed form for all participants must be turned in during check-in. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them in to the registration desk when checking in. Download the VEX/ REC Foundation Consent & Waiver Form at:
Robot Inspection Checklist. Teams are invited to perform a pre-inspection on their robots. The Toss Up robot inspection form can be found here:
0 teams are on the waitlist for this event.