Kansas TSA VEX Toss Up
Event Code: RE-TSA-14-1179
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 25 / Spots Open: 13
Event Region: Kansas
Price: $20.00This event is closed to registration because:
- It is past the registration deadline.
Salina, Kansas 67401
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Eligible Teams: TSA
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Food and Drinks
Outside food and drinks are acceptable at this venue. Please be courteous and care for your items so as to leave the venue in as good or better condition than found upon arrival.
11:30 Venue Opens
12:00 Registration, Sign up for field times & Inspection
12:30 Skills Challenges Begin (one team every 15 minutes)
4:30 Elimination Match Tournament seeding
4:45 Driver's Meeting
5:00 Elimination Match Tournament
6:00 Awards Ceremony
6:30 venue Closes
Date: 04/18/2014Webster Conference Center
Salina, Kansas 67401
La Quinta Inn - North 9th and I-70, 785- 827-9000
All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The rules and inspection checklist can be found at http://www.vexforum.com/wiki/index.php/Toss_Up
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Visit the tournament's page on RobotEvents and read it carefully. Specifically, look for information about the team's pit area, available concession areas, electrical sources and any venue specific rules.
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
* Goggles/Safety Glasses
* Spare parts & tools
* Batteries and chargers
* Programming cable
* Power Strip
* Laptop computer
* Engineering notebook (if you have one)
* Banners and other decorations for your team pit
* Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament. This can be found at http://www.vexforum.com/wiki/101_Things_You_Should_Know_Before_Your_First_VEX_Tournament
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.