|Tournament Champions (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Innovate Award (VRC/VEXU/VIQC)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Tournament Finalists (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Robot Skills Champion (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
The team list for this event is not currently available. Please check back four weeks prior to the event date.
A possible StrivTV webcast may be available.
The event will be held at Hampton High School, 6 miles east of Aurora, NE on Highway 34. There are signs posted on the highway to direct you toward the High School Gym if you are not familiar with this area.
If the tournament is canceled, registration fees will be returned.
Team sponsors will be notified of any cancellations due to weather. We will try to reschedule in January or February if weather problems.
If the event is canceled, then "Cancelled" will appear in the event title.
If you would like to help out in the tournament please contact Gary Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are only having a 16 team tournament, so times are just an approximation
7:15-8:00 - Team Registration
8:00–9:00 - Inspections
7:30–9:30 - Robot Skills & Programming Skills Challenges (3 each per team)
8:15–9:30 - Judging Interviews (Continue during morning Qualification Rounds)
9:30–10:00 - Drivers Meeting / Opening Ceremony
10:00-11:30 – Qualification Rounds & Judging Interviews
11:30-12:00 - Lunch
12:00-2:00 – Qualification Rounds
2:00-2:30 - Alliance Selection
2:30-3:45 - Finals
3:45-4:00 - Awards Ceremony
Grade Level: High School
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
TSA Event: No
This is the first robotics tournament in Hampton. We are keeping it small this year and would appreciate it if schools would limit the number of teams from each organization to 3. If we do not fill up with 16 teams, then we will open the tournament up for more teams from one school district.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for
competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so
that there is ample time for adjustments.
2. Check the official VEX forums and CREATE website for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to
- Goggles/Safety Glasses
- Spare parts & tools
- Batteries and chargers
- Programming cable
- Power strip
- Laptop computer
- Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges – Innovate and Honor Awards)
- Banners and other decorations for your team pit
- Giveaways if you have them
5. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
6. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given
during the tournament.
7. Understand how the game will be played. VEX rules can be found on the games website. The CREATE
addendum to the rules can be found here.