Event Code: RE-CREATE-19-1301
Program: CREATE Foundation
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 36 / Spots Open: 0
Event Region: Nebraska
Price: $100.00This event is closed to registration because:
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Welcome to the event page of the 2020 Nebraska Open Robotics State Championship. Teams can qualify for this event by winning various awards at regular season meets throughout the year.
All registration fee's must be paid in full no later than five weeks after registering for this event. Failure to comply may result in your team(s) being removed from the event.
Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so
that there is ample time for adjustments.
2. Check the official VEX forums and CREATE website for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to
- Goggles/Safety Glasses
- Spare parts & tools
- Batteries and chargers
- Programming cable
- Power strip
- Laptop computer
- Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges – Innovate and Honor Awards)
- Banners and other decorations for your team pit
- Giveaways if you have them
5. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
6. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given
during the tournament.
7. Understand how the game will be played. VEX rules can be found on the games website. The CREATE
addendum to the rules can be found here.
February 29th, 2020
7:30 - 8:30 am - Team Registration
8:00 am - 9:30 am - Inspections (located in the competion gym)
8:15 am - 2:00 pm - Skills Challenges
8:30 am - 11:30 am - Judging Interviews (located in the pit area)
10:00 am - Drivers & Coaches Meeting / Opening Ceremony
10:30 am - 12:30 pm - Qualifying Rounds
12:30 pm - 1:00 pm - Lunch
1:00 pm - 3:30 pm - Qualifying Rounds
3:30 pm - 3:45 pm - Alliance Selection
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm - Finals
5:00 pm - Awards and Closing Ceremony
If interested in volunteering for the tournament please contact Joe Haschke at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 402-564-8518.
In case of bad weather, emails will be sent out to your team's primary contact email, updating you on changes in schedule or cancellations/rescheduling.
- Full refund if request is made 3 weeks prior to event (minus $5.00, per registration, if paid through Robotevents)
- Half refund if request is made 2 weeks prior to event (minus $5.00, per registration, if paid through Robotevents)
- No refund if request is made less than 2 weeks prior to event.