Event Code: RE-CREATE-19-1175
Program: CREATE Foundation
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 24 / Spots Open: 0
Event Region: Nebraska
Price: $75.00This event is closed to registration because:
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Things to have in preparation to the tournament:
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so
that there is ample time for adjustments.
2. Check the official VEX forums and CREATE website for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to
- Goggles/Safety Glasses
- Spare parts & tools
- Batteries and chargers
- Programming cable
- Power strip
- Laptop computer
- Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges – Innovate and Honor Awards)
- Banners and other decorations for your team pit
- Giveaways if you have them
5. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
6. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given
during the tournament.
7. Understand how the game will be played. VEX rules can be found on the games website. The CREATE
addendum to the rules can be found here.
Saturday, January 25th, 2020
7:30 am - Pits Open
8:00 am - 9:30 am - Team Registration & Inspection
8:00 am - 10:30am - Skills Challenge on competition fields
9:30 am - 11:30 am. - Judging (Engineering Notebooks must be turned in at registration.)
10:30 am - Drivers and Coaches Meeting and Opening Ceremony
10:45 am - 12:30 p.m. - Qualifying Rounds
12:30 pm - 1:00 p.m. - Lunch
1:00 pm - 2:15 p.m. - Qualifying Rounds
2:30 pm - 2:45 p.m. - Alliance Selection
3:00p.m. - 4:30 p.m. - Finals
4:30 p.m. - Awards and Closing Ceremony
To volunteer, contact Joe Philippi at:
In the case of inclement weather, Joe Philippi will contact all teams one day prior to event and "Cancelled" will be put in the title of the event.
There are no refunds for this tournament with the exception of tournament cancellation.