Raider Robotics Rumble | Milwaukee School of Engineering, WI
- 13-Jan-2024 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX U
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- VEXNet Field Control
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Standard Registration Opens
- 16-Oct-2023 16:00 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 8-Jan-2024 16:00 EST
- Payment Deadline
- 1-Jan-2024 16:00 EST
Raider Robotics Rumble
Raider Robotics is excited to be hosting the first ever offical VEX U competition in the state of Wiconsin with the Raider Robotics Rumble (RRR)! The event will be hosted at the Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE) Dwight and Dian Diercks Computational Science Hall--which happens to be the home of MSOE's supercompter, ROSIE. This venue features the competition fields prominently displayed in the Atrium, enabling viewing from the ground floor and from above, in addition to a dedicated interview room and practice/skills fields, and an auditorium for opening/closing ceremonies and awards. Check out the Image Gallery for some pictures of the venue and Agenda for our planned layout for the event. We can't wait to see what teams have spun up for this year!
All participating teams must be registered with VEX Robotics and the Robot Events website and have an official team number before registering for this event. Tournament fees must be paid before teams are allowed to compete. Registration and payments should be made through the Robot Events website.
Engineering Notebooks will be submitted digitally before this event for judging. See How to submit engineering notebooks digitally for more information
Lunch and Concessions
Multiple food options are available within walking distance of the venue. Food offered by the event venue is TBD at this time.
Number of elimination alliances (16-23 teams = 8 alliances in finals, 24-31 teams = 12 alliances in finals, 32+ teams = 16 alliances in finals)
All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
- Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments.
- V5 Robot Inspection Checklist
- Check the Current Game Webpage and Q&A Page for rule updates and changes
- Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on robotevents.com
- Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
- Goggles/Safety Glasses
- Spare parts & tools
- Batteries and chargers
- Power strip and extension cord
- Laptop computer
- Programming cable
- Engineering notebook (Required for judged awards)
- Banners and other decorations for your team pit table
- Giveaways if you have them
- Be sure to read VEX Tournaments 101.
- Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
- Prep for your interviews with the judges and read the Judge's Guide.
- Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
- Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby, as teams are close to each other in the venue pit area. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks, ask the tournament director for a safe location if grinding is needed.
- Ensure that you have the latest version of programming software and firmware for your V5 Brain.
Participation and Consent Forms
A completed form for all participants must be uploaded to robotevents.com prior to the tournament. Team leaders will need to check that all team members attending the event have completed the online consent form prior to the tournament. Instructions on how to upload consent forms in English or Spanish is given here: VEX Consent Form (English) or VEX Consent Form (Spanish). An additional media release form from MSOE may be required and will be provided to registered teams.
Grade Level: College
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
1025 North Milwaukee Street
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
--TENTATIVE Schedule for Saturday January 13, 2024--
08:00 am - Team Load In, Pit Area, Registration & Inspection Opens
08:30 am - Opening Ceremonies
08:45 am – Drivers Meeting
09:00 am - Practice and Skills Fields Open
09:30 am - 12:30pm – Matches Start
12:30 pm - 1:30 pm - Lunch
01:30 pm – Matches Resume
06:00 pm – Skills and Practice Fields Close
06:30 pm – Awards and Closing Ceremonies
07:00 pm - Venue Closes
Note: Venue Layouts are preliminary
If you are interested in volunteering for this event, sign up here: click me!!
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the event of event cancellation due to any reason, an email will be sent out to registered teams as soon as we are aware of the situation.
Refund and Payment Policies
Refunds based on team cancellation before Dec 20, 2023 will be the cost of registration minus $5 and processing fees.
Refunds based on team cancellation after Dec 20, 2023 will be 50% the cost of registration.
Refunds based on event cancellation will be the cost of registration minus $5 and processing fees.
Date: 13-Jan-2024MSOE Dwight and Dian Diercks Computational Science Hall
1025 North Milwaukee Street
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Food Options Nearby
We have compiled a list of option for food in milwauke that both deliver and are within walking distance: Food in Mke Doc
Event will be streamed on our YouTube channel.
Digital Engineering Notebook Submissions / In Person Team Interviews: Team interviews will be conducted in-person at the event. Engineering notebooks will be submitted digitally for evaluation via a link found within the "My Account" panel of the team contact on RobotEvents. A submission deadline may be scheduled ahead of the event date.
0 teams are on the waitlist for this event.