LSUA Mardi Gras VEXU In-Person Standard-Judging Tournament
- Event Code
- VEX U
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- This event has been canceled.
- It is past the registration deadline.
This will be a VRC, in-person tournament.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found here.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide.
All approved events and event attendees are required to follow all local, state, federal, or any other government ordinances regarding COVID-19 safety procedures, social distancing, and best hygiene practices. We will continually assess, based on current government guidelines, whether to postpone, cancel, or significantly reduce the number of attendees when necessary
Grade Level: College
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: In-Person judging
Event Dates & Locations
8100 Hwy 71 S
Alexandria, Louisiana 71302
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
8:00 am Team Load In - Pit Area, Registration, & Inspection Open
9:00 am Team Check-in & Inspection Deadline
9:15 am Team/Driver Meeting
10:00 am - 12:00 pm Qualifying Rounds Begin/Skills Challenge Rounds
12:000 - 1:00 pm Lunch Break
1:00 - 3:00 pm Qualifying Rounds Begin/Skills Challenge Rounds
3:00-3:30 pm Alliance Selection
3:30 – 5:00 pm Division Playoffs & Awards
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to volunteer.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
All cancellations will be communicated through email. Please check your email the day before and the morning of the tournament (before leaving).
Unfortunately, there will be no make-up in case of weather cancellations.
There will be no refunds unless the entire tournament is canceled or there is a validated outbreak. Refund does not include the $5 Robot Events processing fee.
Health and Safety Policies
All approved events and event attendees are required to follow all local, state, federal, or any other government ordinances regarding COVID-19 safety procedures, social distancing, and best hygiene practices. Event Partners should continually assess, based on current government guidelines, whether to postpone, cancel, or significantly reduce the number of attendees when necessary
- Please take appropriate precautions if you or a member of your team is sick, including opting out.
- Cloth face masks are required of all participants at all times inside the facility.
- Face shields may be worn in lieu of safety glasses (VRC Q&A 663), but are not an acceptable substitute for a cloth face mask.
- No spectators
- Suggested limit of competitors per team: 1 mentor and 4 students per robot
- Keep pit tables at 8-10’ apart
- No practice fields will be available
- Inspections will be performed at the pit table. Inspectors will circulate throughout the pits during the inspection time
- No queue tables, teams will be called directly from their pit tables to the field
- Participants must have completed consent forms on robotevents.com
- Avoid touching your face. Properly sanitize your hands if you must do so.
- Hand sanitizer is available at all entrances and competition fields. Participants are expected to clean their hands every time they move between areas (pit to field, field to pit, etc.)
- No sharing of personal items or robot parts between teams (Teams from the same school may share batteries and are expected to use appropriate sanitary cautions when doing so.
Date: 19-Feb-2022Louisiana State University Alexandria
8100 Hwy 71 S
Alexandria, Louisiana 71302
Check back here for information about hotel rooms and other fun events.
VEX U and VRC use the same field setup and scoring.VRC Tipping Point One-Page Description
VEX U uses the VRC game manual with VEX U specific rules to be found in the Appendices.VRC Tipping Point Game Manual
VEX U and VRC use the same field and field setup.VRC Tipping Point Appendix A – Field Specificati
VEX U and VRC use the same field and field setup.VRC Tipping Point Field Assembly Instructions
VEX U and VRC use the same field elements.VRC Tipping Point Field CAD
VEX U and VRC use the same DIY field.VRC Field Perimeter DIY
VEX U and VRC use the same field setup and scoring for skills.VRC Tipping Point Appendix - B Robot Skills
VEX U and VRC use the same LRT setup and scoring.VRC Appendix E – Live Remote Competitions
0 teams are on the waitlist for this event.