VEX U In-Person Championship hosted by the REC Foundation
- 25-Jun-2021 - 26-Jun-2021
- Event Code
- VEX U
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Texas - Region 2
- Standard Registration Opens
- 15-Apr-2021 08:00 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 7-May-2021 23:59 EDT
- It is past the registration deadline.
Join us for the VEX U Championship brought to you by the REC Foundation! This event will be open to VEX U teams from all over the world to participate.
This event will occur in person at IFI’s headquarters in Greenville Texas. There teams will compete in an in-person tournament and skills challenge matches. Teams will also have the opportunity to submit their notebooks and complete judged interviews for awards.
Grade Level: College
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: Remote Interviews & Notebooks
Event Dates & Locations
Date: 25-Jun-2021 - 26-Jun-2021Venue/Location:
6725 FM 1570
Greenville, Texas 75402
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL TIMES FOR THIS EVENT ARE IN CST
|Friday- June 25th|
|9:00am - 5:00pm - Doors Open for VEX U Inspection & Skills Runs - 5 teams per hour.|
|10:00am - 4:00pm VAIC inspection and sensor calibration. Tech Support for VAIC (Ask an Engineer)|
|5:00pm - Venue Closes|
|Saturday- June 26th|
|8:00am - Venue Opens - Reinspection as needed|
|8:30 Opening Ceremonies / Remarks|
|9:00am - 4:00pm - Qualification Matches|
|4:00pm - Begin Elimination Matches|
|5:00pm - Event Finals and Awards|
|6:00pm - Event is completed|
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
Teams will be notified, via email, if any event occurs that would jeopardize the Competition!
Registration cancellations must be received by May 31, 2021, in order to receive a full refund. All cancellations must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the team number and the contact information for the team. Teams that cancel on June 1, 2021, or after will not receive a refund for their registration fee.
Health and Safety Policies
Note: These measures are subject to change in response to the health and safety requirements for all attendees:
1. All attendees are required to wear proper face masks over their nose and mouth at all times inside the facility.
2. Teams will be limited to 6 participants each. This includes everyone from a team that is entering the buidling. If additional team members wish to attend as volunteers, they may do so - please see the volunteer tab. There is no guarantee that all volunteer applicants may be accepted.
3. All attendees are expected at minimum to follow CDC guidelines for social distancing.
Date: 25-Jun-2021 - 26-Jun-2021Innovation First International
6725 FM 1570
Greenville, Texas 75402
Please look into the following hotels provided that are wthin a close proximty to Innovation First.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenville
- Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville
- Comfort Suites Greenville
- Best Western Plus Monica Royale Inn & Suites
Teams are responsible for making their own travel arrangments from the airport to their hotel.
VISA AND INVITATION LETTER REQUESTS
The REC Foundation is happy to provide visa and invitation letters to teams. In order to process visa and invitation letters, please have the team's primary contact fill out this form.
Please have the following information available:
- Team info such as number, school/organization, and contact details
- Names, birth dates, and passport country/number for every team member (including adults traveling as mentors or chaperones)
Visa and invitation letters submitted after [Date], will be processed as soon as possible, but may take up to three weeks.
Please Note: The REC Foundation will not produce a separate letter for each team member. Instead, the foundation will produce a letter for the entire team and attach the list of team members and mentors.
Click Here for driving Directions to the Innovation First International Building.
Please utilize the LARGE parking area that is located on the right side of the building and leaving all FRONT parking for Handicaped Parking.