VEX U On the Plains 2: Electric Boogaloo
Event Code: RE-VEXU-21-3742
Program: VEX U
Type of Event: Tournament
Event Format: In-Person
Capacity: 15 / Spots Open: 11
Event Region: Alabama
Price: $80.00This event is closed to registration because:
- It is past the registration deadline.
650 Biggio Drive, Room 1120
Auburn, Alabama 36849
Grade Level: College
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: In-Person judging
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Auburn University has reduced event capacity restrictions, so we must ask that teams limit attendance to no more than 10 people.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
We are very excited to host an in-person event, pending no resurgence of the pandemic. This event will take place on Auburn University’s campus. See the Health & Safety tab for the latest on our event-specific guidelines.
In order to meet one of Auburn University’s guidelines, we are only able to allow teams to bring a maximum of 10 people. No spectators will be allowed, though we will live stream the event for the public to watch.
This event will include the skills challenge. Skills will be managed during Lunch
Notebooks will be submitted at the tournament with in-person judging taking place on-site with a provided area for teams to conduct their interview with the judges.
We will do everything in our power to host this event in person.
8:00 am – Check-in/Turn in Notebooks
8:15 am – Inspection
9:00 am – Judging begins
9:30 am – Event Meeting
9:45 am – Qualification Matches begin
11:30 am – Break for Lunch
12:30 pm – Elimination Matches
1:30 pm – Final Matches
*Skills will be offered during the lunch break
This Event is fully staffed by SCORE Staff at Auburn University.
If anyone would like to volunteer, please contact the EP
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the event of bad weather, we will contact teams to work on the best mode of action for the most teams.
Health and Safety Policies
This event will take place on Auburn University’s campus and will be subject to Auburn University’s, the state of Alabama’s, and Auburn’s city COVID-19 Guidelines. These primarily include:
- Face Coverings are required indoors at all times and outdoors if social distancing cannot be achieved.
- Events are limited to 150 attendees.
- In order for this tournament to meet this requirement, we will not allow spectators, and the team’s attendance will be limited to a maximum of 10 people with at least one of those being an adult.
- While indoors, social distancing must be practiced at all times.
- We understand that teammates may need to be together throughout the tournament, but we ask that students do not break social distancing with members of other teams unless absolutely necessary.
- We will space teams out with plenty of space to maintain social distancing in the pit.
- Event attendees should regularly wash hands and avoid touching their face as much as possible.
We will update teams if there are any changes to these guidelines. We will also update this page with more specific instructions on how the tournament will look as the event approaches.
In the event that these guidelines change due to a resurgence in the COVID-19 Pandemic and are unable to be met at an in-person event, we will alert teams and change to a remote live tournament. Our refund policy will not change. No refunds can be given for any reason.
We will be livestreaming the event for parents & family-members on YouTube at https://youtu.be/QnVbyTU_Pz0