Event Code: RE-VEXU-19-0644
Program: VEX U
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 16 / Spots Open: 50%+
Registration Deadline: Mon, Feb 10, 2020 6:53 PM EST
|Excellence Award (VRC/VEXU)||
|Tournament Champions (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Design Award (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Robot Skills Champion (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
The team list for this event is not currently available. Please check back four weeks prior to the event date.
REC Foundation Design Award Rubric.REC Foundation Design Award Rubric
REC Foundation Code of Conduct.REC Foundation Code of Conduct
Participant Release Form Spainish.Participant Release Form Spainish
Participant Release Form.Participant Release Form
VRC Tower Takeover One Page Description.VRC Tower Takeover One Page Description
VEXU Qualifying Criteria.VEXU Qualifying Criteria
VEXU Robot Inspection Checklist.VEXU Robot Inspection Checklist
Use VEX TEXT to get alerts for your upcoming matches. For each match, the subscribed team members will receive 2 alerts, one 20 minutes prior to the match and one 10 minutes prior. This will help ensure teams are at the queueing table on time. Sign up here
No refunds will be given once registration closes.
All cancellations will be communicated through email. Please check your email the day before and the morning of the tournament (before leaving).
Volunteers make these events possible. If you are interested in volunteering please email me at email@example.com.
Volunteers will receive breakfast, lunch, snacks and a free t-shirt.
Date: 02/21/2020 - 02/22/2020
Grade Level: College
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: No
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found here.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide.