Boyle Heights STEM Magnet Aerial Drone Competition
- 17-Feb-2024 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- Aerial Drone Competition
- Event Type
- Field Control System
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- California - South
- Standard Registration Opens
- 1-Dec-2023 11:44 EST
- Registration Deadline
- 15-Feb-2024 11:45 EST
- Payment Deadline
- 17-Feb-2024 12:21 EST
- It is past the registration deadline.
West Update on 11.3.2023
This event is located in the West Region which includes: Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.
Teams who are from the West Region and earn a qualifying award at this event will be invited to the West Regional Championship - in Salt Lake City, Utah at the Legacy Event Coliseum on May 31-June 1, 2024.
The award(s) that qualify for an invitation to the above regional championship will be found on the awards tab by December 1, 2024.
Additional invitations may be issued by January 12th based on the number of teams and events in the region.
To read more about the qualifying criteria, visit the REC Library: Qualifying Criteria.
Please note: If you are a team from outside this region, you may attend the event and will be eligible to earn awards and post scores to the global skills rankings, but you are not eligible to earn invitations to regional championships from this event.
We look forward to hosting the Aerial Drone Competition Mission 2024: Eclipse.
When you register for this tournament, please choose Pay Later as your Payment Method and bring a check for $50 per team to the tournament. Please make your check payable to Boyle Heights STEM Academy Student Body (ROBOTICS CLUB).
- Food and beverages may be available for purchase, if allowed by LAUSD policy.
- This tournament will be meeting in the Boys Gym at Hollenbeck Middle School.
- Parking is available in the lot on 6th Street.
- Be sure.the Participant Release Form has been completed for each students and mentor/coach.
- SAFETY GOGGLES WILL BE REQUIRED.
- Physical copies of the Competition Logbook need to be turned in at check in if the team wants to have it considered for judging.
- Prep for your interviews with the judges.
- Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
- Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
2550 East 6th Street
Los Angeles, California 90023
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Agenda - Subject to Change
|Doors Open, Team Check in, Inspections Begin
|Piloting kills Matches
|Flight Team Meeting
|Teamwork Matches/Autonomous Flight Matches Begin
|Teamwork Matches/Autonomous Flight Matches Continue
|Qualification Matches/Autonomous Matches End
|Alliance Selection and Finals Matches
Please email Israel Hernandez ([email protected]) if you would like to volunteer for this event. Referees and Judges will be trained through online webinars.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
- The Event Partner will contact teams via email if the tournament must be rescheduled or modified due to emergency or bad weather.
- Teams should keep their contact information up to date on RobotEvents.com and include both school and non-school phone numbers.
Refund and Payment Policies
If the event partner cancels the event and the event can not be rescheduled: Full refunds minus the fees charged by Robot Events will be available.
If a team registers and and can not attend: Full refunds minus the fees charged by Robot Events will be available if event partner is notified at least 2 weeks prior to the tournament. After that, refunds based on special circumstances may be made at the discretion of the Event Partner.