Grygla Aerial Drone Competition Tournament
- 7-Dec-2023 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- Aerial Drone Competition
- Event Type
- Field Control System
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Standard Registration Opens
- 26-Oct-2023 16:42 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 1-Dec-2023 16:41 EST
- Payment Deadline
- 7-Dec-2023 16:55 EST
- It is past the registration deadline.
North Central Update on 11.3.2023
- This event is located in the North Central Region which includes: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Wisconsin, and South Dakota.
- Teams who are from the North Central Region and earn a qualifying award at this event will be invited to the North Central Regional Championship - in Flint Michigan at Kettering University on May 17-19, 2024.
- The award(s) that qualify for an invitation to the above regional will be found on the awards tab by December 1, 2024.
- Additional invitations may be issued by January 12th based on the number of teams and events in the region.
- To read more about the qualifying criteria, visit the REC Library: Qualifying Criteria.
Please note: If you are a team from outside this region, you may attend the event and will be eligible to earn awards and post scores to the global skills rankings, but you are not eligible to earn invitations to regional championships from this event.
The December 17th Aerial Drone Competition tournament is hosted by the Grygla Robotics and Drone program! We will be hosting this tournament in the big gym of our school here in Grygla. We are also opening the tournament to the public to watch as well as opening it up for students of our school to see how awesome drones can be.
The registration fee was set to cover the cost of food. We will provide some sort of breakfast as well as lunch for the day so teams do not need to worry about what to bring or where to go in our small town to get lunch.
- Safety glasses will be required.
- Participation Consent Forms must be completed or uploaded on RobotEvents.com.
- Physical Copy of the Competition Logbooks need to be turned in at check in if the team wants it to be considered for judging.
- Please bring extension cords and surge protectors.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out: [email protected].
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
302 West State Street
Grygla, Minnesota 56727
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Agenda - Subject to Change
Doors Open/ Teams Check In and Inspections Begin 8:30am
Flight Team Meeting 9:30am
Teamwork Matches Begin 10:00am
Autonomous Flight Skills Begin 10:00am - 12:30pm
Alliance and Final Matches 12:30pm - 1:00pm
Piloting Skills and Autonomous Matches Begin 1:00pm - 2:00pm
Note: All teams will also be interviewed by judges.
Volunteers are always welcomed!!! If you would like to volunteer for any role, please reach by email to: [email protected]. Referees and Judges will be trained through online webinars.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the event of conditions that make travel unsafe and/or Grygla School or area schools have a closure, we will postpone to another date. We will reach out as soon as possible with any weather related updates.
Refund and Payment Policies
If the Event Partner reschedules the event:
No refunds will be available.
If the Event Partner cancels the event and it is not rescheduled:
We will refund the registration fee minus any fees charged by the Robot Events system.
If a Coach/Mentor completes registration for the event then chooses to withdraw or not attend:
No refunds will be available.
0 teams are on the waitlist for this event.