LSUA Aerial Drone Competition
- 2-Dec-2023 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- Aerial Drone Competition
- Event Type
- Field Control System
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Standard Registration Opens
- 4-Oct-2023 07:27 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 27-Nov-2023 07:28 EST
- Payment Deadline
- 18-Nov-2023 13:34 EST
- It is past the registration deadline.
South Central: Update on 11.3.2023
This event is located in the South Central Region which includes: Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas.
Teams who are from the South Central Region and earn a qualifying award at this event will be invited to the South Central Regional Championship - Location and Date TBA.
The award(s) that qualify for an invitation to the above regional championship will be found on the awards tab by December 1, 2024.
Additional invitations may be issued by January 12th based on the number of teams and events in the region.
To read more about the qualifying criteria, visit the REC Library: Qualifying Criteria.
Please note: If you are a team from outside this region, you may attend the event and will be eligible to earn awards and post scores to the global skills rankings, but you are not eligible to earn invitations to regional championships from this event.
Welcome to the Aerial Drone Competition at LSUA for Mission 2024: Eclipse!
We are looking forward to hosting this event!
To prepare for the event:
- Safety glasses will be required.
- A physical copy of the Competition Logbook needs to be turned in at check in, if the team wants it to be considered for judging.
- Be sure to read the game manual, review the inspection form and review the competition logbook and team judging rubrics.
- Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
- Prep for your interviews with the judges.
- Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
8100 U.S. 71
Alexandria, Louisiana 71302
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Thursday, November 30
- Notebooks Due at 5:00 pm
- Judge's Training 6:30 - 7:30 pm
Friday, December 1
- Event Setup 5:00-8:00 pm
Saturday, December 2
- 7:30 AM - Doors Open
- 7:45 AM - Team Check in, Inspections Begin
- 8:00 AM - Piloting Missions Begin
- 9:00 AM - Piloting Mission Ends
- 9:00 Flight Team Meeting and Match Schedule Created
- Note: Teams not checked in by this time will not be included in the Teamwork Match schedule for the day
- 9:30 AM - Teamwork Matches, Autonomous Flight Mission and Judging Begin
- 12:00 PM - Lunch
- 12:30 PM - Teamwork Matches, Autonomous Flight Mission and Judging Resume
- 2:30 PM - Teamwork Matches, Autonomous Flight Mission and Judging End
- 2:45 PM - Alliance Sections
- 3:00 PM - Finals and Awards
- 4:00 PM - Event Ends
Please contact [email protected] if you would like to volunteer.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
All cancellations will be communicated through email or LSUA Robotics on Facebook. Please check your email the day before and the morning of the tournament (before leaving).
Unfortunately, there will be no make-up in case of weather cancellations.
Refund and Payment Policies
There will be no refunds unless the entire tournament is cancelled or there is a validated outbreak.
2 teams are on the waitlist for this event.