Towers Titans VRC-2022 Spin Up (MS & HS)
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Standard Registration Opens
- 12-Sep-2022 12:07 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 17-Oct-2022 12:00 EDT
- It is past the registration deadline.
Doors will open at 7:30 for sign-in and set-up of your pits table. Please make sure your coach/mentor has all of the required documents for each team member. And, don’t forget your safety glasses.
We want to make this event, one to remember for the students, teachers, mentors, and parents. Bring your A-game as the competition will be fierce, but only on the field. Our hope is that all teams will arrive with and maintain a cooperative spirit. The VEX culture is founded on shared learning. Let’s make sure we live this culture by always sharing; ideas, tools, parts, and advice, and by assisting each other in every way possible.
- Please label everything you bring to the tournament. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
- Goggles/Safety Glasses
- Spare parts & tools
- Batteries and chargers
- Programming cable
- Power strip
- Laptop computer
- Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and Excellence Awards )
- Banners and other decorations for your team pit
- Giveaways if you have them.
- Be sure to review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found here.
- Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
- Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
- Ensure that you have the latest version of the VRC firmware.
- All participants are expected to complete the participant release form. (also available in Spanish).
From our perspective, every student participating, on a Saturday, after many hours of “fun work”, is undoubtedly a winner. The knowledge and experience gained will last a lifetime, and hopefully will motivate them to pursue exciting and rewarding career opportunities.
Robotics, the only school sport where every student can go pro.
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
3919 Brookcrest Circle
Decatur, Georgia 30032
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
* Note - This schedule is subject to change based on team registration numbers.
7:15 AM - Doors Open, Practice Fields Opens
7:30-8:00 – Check-in
8:00-9:00 AM - Inspection (first come basis).
9:05 AM - Driver Meeting
9:20 AM – Welcome and first match setup
9:30 AM – 11:30 PM - Qualification Rounds and Skills (skills line will close at 11:00)
11:30 PM – 12:00 PM – Lunch
12:05 PM – 1:30 PM – Qualification Rounds
1:35 PM – 2:00 PM - Alliance Selection
2:05 PM – 3:00 PM - Alliance Elimination matches
3:05 PM – 3:20 PM - Awards Ceremony
If you would like to volunteer at this event, please contact Kenardo Leslie via email at email@example.com. Be sure to provide your name, contact number, and area you wish to serve.
All of our personnel; Judges, Referees, Score Keepers, Field Set Team Members, Queuing Runners, Tournament Manager Operators, Food Service, Custodial Support, and others are volunteers. Please treat them with kindness, respect, and gratitude for the donation of their personal time and energy. We could not host an event of this magnitude without their dedication and willingness to serve.
Thank you in advance for your part in helping to take care of our school. Be sure to place all trash in the receptacles provided. Keep the bathrooms, hallways, & pits areas clean & neat. And, notify someone promptly if there is a spill or if you notice a problem.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the case of bad weather, a decision will be made based on the local school system.
No refunds will be given.
All In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.